2,958 results
All reviewshaymarket stationdeluxe roomhigh ceilingscity centreprinces streettram stopbreakfast was excellentstayed for one nightporridgehaggisroyal miletownhousecastlebusespubs
Reviewed 31 March 2012

This is an update to my previous stay & review. I was working in Edinburgh and stayed at the Hilton Grosvenor again. The main update was rooms: no creaky floorboards and well presented and fresh room! Seems they have made their updates and left nothing to detract from the room itself. Staff as friendly and efficient as always and WiFi throughout (I was in room 209). I feel the lifts could do with some attention though.

Main issue (not really their problem, and it affects many other hotels in Edinburgh at the moment) is that the tramworks have expanded towards Haymarket and now block the main road, making access to the hotel take slightly longer. There is pediestrian access available, taking less than 5 minutes to the hotel from the station. There is a positive point in that it is now easier to get taxis from Haymarket station (silver lining!) as the roadworks now allow for two taxi ranks.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Grosvenor_Edinburgh, General Manager at Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel.

I was delighted to read your update to your previous review. We offer free Wi-Fi in the public areas of the hotel. Internet in our bedrooms is complimentary to our Diamond and Gold Hilton Honours members; to other guests this is a chargeable service.

Thank you for your understanding regarding the Tram works; this is out of our control as you state and does cause a little confusion for our guests...I am super delighted to say that as of March 24th – we no longer have traffic diverted along our street, and the street is back to it normal.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

Whenever I visit Edinburgh, I stay here. The location is close enough to the centre to visit, but far enough out for a little peace. The staff are great and make you feel welcome. The room was very comfortable and the toiletries are first class. Breakfast is varied, but they serve grapefruit.

Stayed: March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor.

It is always great to read a review from one of our regulars – I am delighted that you continue to choose the Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor when visiting the city!

Your comments regarding our staff and service were a pleasure to read – our staff do go that extra mile to ensure all guests feel cared for, and it is great to see acknowledgement for this.

We look forward to welcoming your back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

As me and my friend were expecting, our stay in the Hilton was wonderful! Nice room, excellent customer service, friendly and polite staff, Lukas at the reception is a great value for the hotel,he is very kind and sorted out all the information we need about the city and tours. In fact the hotel is situated near by the Castle and main spots. Summing up the best choice ever!

• Stayed: October 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor.

I was extremely delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the hotel lived up to your expectations.

I note your comments regarding our staff and in particular Lukasz; Lukasz is a valuable member of our team and your comments have ensure he be put forward for internal recognition.

If staying in Edinburgh in the future I would be our pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

business travelers beware, the hotel wants 15 pounds to use their wifi in the rooms. The only place where you can get online for free is in their noisy bar, and then you need to log in with your name, room number and access code. But even there the Internet is slow and disconnects frequently, meaning another login procedure. For those like me who need Internet for their work, it is better to choose a different (and probably cheaper) hotel.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank DavidE3

Thank you for your review.

The majority of guests who stay with us during the week are business travellers; the hotel offers complimentary Wi-Fi access in the lobby, lounge and public areas of the hotel. The Wi-Fi in bedrooms in complimentary to our Diamond and Gold Hilton Honours members, to all other guests this is a chargeable service. We have no log of any issues with our internet service over the dates of your stay, I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

Very close to Haymarket overland rail station. (so if you are coming by train from London, get off here and not Waverly) This Hilton is comfortable, although the carpets in the townhouse room I had were a little tired. Also only having a shower and no bath in a delux room is pretty poor. There are good bars close by, but you are better off heading to the centre of town.

The staff were good and the breakfast like most Hiltons was good. This hotel is a bargin for the price and location, and I can recommend it. Just make sure that the towel heater is on in winter

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank undercoverelephant

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us.

Thank you for recommending the Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor and I am glad that overall your stay with us was enjoyable. I note your comment regarding the Townhouse carpet; all carpets and furniture were replaced in the townhouse annexe last April, when the Townhouse building received a full £1.3 million refurbishment.

I was delighted to read your comments regarding our staff – they really do go above and beyond to make every guest feel special!