3,003 results
All reviews haymarket station deluxe room city centre high ceilings princes street tram stop breakfast was excellent stayed for one night haggis porridge royal mile townhouse castle buses pubs
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Scotland England on Saturday evening so everywhere was incredibly busy as you might expect unless you are the manager of this holtel who whilst I was waiting in a half hour queue for the bar I overheard say to another customer 'I didn't think it would be so busy'!

Making allowances for the fact the Rugby was on the Hotel on the whole is quite good, Old building so high ceilings and unusual shaped rooms but with enough room.

Ideal location for walking to Murrafield and into Edinburgh City centre was a plus.

Had to ask for clean towels on the second morning after the room had been made up but put this down to an oversight and the claning staff were extremely pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Grosvenor_Edinburgh, General Manager at Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I’m delighted that you enjoyed our rugby weekend - the hotel is always bustling during these weekends and rugby always generates a great atmosphere for guests and staff alike.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

Location - For me it is important to be near George Street for work and this hotel is about £6 taxi ride so relatively close.

Room - Small but comfortable if a little noisy (thin walls). Good TV!

Bathroom - Shower was terrible, barely got me wet!

Service - Great service, very helpful and efficient

Value - I paid around £115 per night excluding breakfast... Think that this is pretty fair value for the stay. Breakfast was quite expensive though (although good).

Overall, not a bad place to stay in Edinburgh, I would stay again but would rather go for the George Hotel on George Street!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your review.

I am glad you found your stay value for money. Thank you for your feedback regarding our staff/service, it always gives me a great deal of pride when the staff are acknowledged.

Thank you.

Reviewed 4 February 2012

When we arrived, we were greeted by a friendly receptionist. However English was not her first language and my partner and I had a lot of trouble trying to understand her. She asked us if we were members of the Hilton, which we were not. She said that if we joined we would receive special offers to which I declined as I just wanted to get to the hotel room. Maybe's if I'd signed up, we may have been given a room that was not the size of a postage stamp. Further more, she was not going mention about an upgrade that I requested when I booked on line. So when I asked her about this, she stated that we would be staying in the annexe building across the road, as it was much nicer. Strange really, considering there was no mention of an annexe when I booked up. And yes the room was clean, but deffinately not worth the price that I paid. If I'd known this, I would have booked a different hotel as it was a bit of faff on when having to walk to the main hotel on 2 ocassions for breakfast. Will I return????? Probably not.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry you were disappointed with your stay. Rooms in the hotel do vary in size, this is the nature of the building due to the hotel originally being townhouses when built in 1860. The hotel is housed over two buildings, the Townhouse annexe recently underwent a £1.3 million refurbishment and the rooms are stunning.

Complimentary upgrades are given to our Diamond and Gold HH members. Requests made during the booking process for upgrades are not guarantees, we do endeavour to fulfill these requests where possible and I am glad our receptionist was able to do so on this occasion.

Reviewed 30 January 2012

Stayed for one night and really enjoyed. Good walking distance to main shops and restaurants. Room was a good size and well equipped. Had breakfast on the Saturday morning which was pleasant could have been a bit fuller but it was nearly finishing time which shouldn't make a difference but understandable. Jayesh checked us out and he was very chatty and helpful. Great nights stay.

• Stayed: January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am delighted that your stay with us was an enjoyable one. Your comments regarding Jayesh have ensured that he is put forward for internal recognition. Thank you.

Reviewed 26 January 2012

My husband's daughter was starting study abroad in Italy in Jan., so we decided to make a stop (3 days) in Edinburgh on the way from the states to Rome, Italy. SO GLAD WE DID!! The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful (they printed out google maps, etc. to the different sight seeing items we were looking for). The Wifi in the lobby/bar area was great and free. They allowed us to use a rollaway bed for his daughter (which was a twin bed), the room was spacious for the 3 of us with a sitting area, beds and the bathroom. The temps for our stay were alittle chilly outside (50's), but the room and hotel were wonderful! The walk to the Edinburgh Castle was about 20 minutes, but you got to walk past shops and pubs, which was enjoyable. This was a GREAT location and all the people we encountered in Edinburgh were so friendly!! Would DEFINITELY stay here again!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your review.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stopover with us. It gave me much pride to read your comments regarding our staff. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back should you endeavour to stay in Edinburgh in the future.

Thank you.