US$141
US$114
  • Bar/Lounge
Leonardo Hotel Edinburgh Murrayfield(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$85
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$97/night.

US$149
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$168/night.

US$314
US$195
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$222/night.

US$204
  • Restaurant
Novotel Edinburgh Park(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$127
US$280
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Edinburgh Marriott Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$163
Hotels.com
US$79
US$67
Priceline
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$81/night.

Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$228
ibis
2,924 results
All reviewshaymarket stationdeluxe roomhigh ceilingscity centreprinces streettram stopbreakfast was excellentstayed for one nightporridgehaggisroyal miletownhousecastlebusespubs
Reviewed 4 February 2012

When we arrived, we were greeted by a friendly receptionist. However English was not her first language and my partner and I had a lot of trouble trying to understand her. She asked us if we were members of the Hilton, which we were not. She said that if we joined we would receive special offers to which I declined as I just wanted to get to the hotel room. Maybe's if I'd signed up, we may have been given a room that was not the size of a postage stamp. Further more, she was not going mention about an upgrade that I requested when I booked on line. So when I asked her about this, she stated that we would be staying in the annexe building across the road, as it was much nicer. Strange really, considering there was no mention of an annexe when I booked up. And yes the room was clean, but deffinately not worth the price that I paid. If I'd known this, I would have booked a different hotel as it was a bit of faff on when having to walk to the main hotel on 2 ocassions for breakfast. Will I return????? Probably not.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Grosvenor_Edinburgh, General Manager at Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2012

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry you were disappointed with your stay. Rooms in the hotel do vary in size, this is the nature of the building due to the hotel originally being townhouses when built in 1860. The hotel is housed over two buildings, the Townhouse annexe recently underwent a £1.3 million refurbishment and the rooms are stunning.

Complimentary upgrades are given to our Diamond and Gold HH members. Requests made during the booking process for upgrades are not guarantees, we do endeavour to fulfill these requests where possible and I am glad our receptionist was able to do so on this occasion.

Reviewed 30 January 2012

Stayed for one night and really enjoyed. Good walking distance to main shops and restaurants. Room was a good size and well equipped. Had breakfast on the Saturday morning which was pleasant could have been a bit fuller but it was nearly finishing time which shouldn't make a difference but understandable. Jayesh checked us out and he was very chatty and helpful. Great nights stay.

• Stayed: January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am delighted that your stay with us was an enjoyable one. Your comments regarding Jayesh have ensured that he is put forward for internal recognition. Thank you.

Reviewed 26 January 2012

My husband's daughter was starting study abroad in Italy in Jan., so we decided to make a stop (3 days) in Edinburgh on the way from the states to Rome, Italy. SO GLAD WE DID!! The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful (they printed out google maps, etc. to the different sight seeing items we were looking for). The Wifi in the lobby/bar area was great and free. They allowed us to use a rollaway bed for his daughter (which was a twin bed), the room was spacious for the 3 of us with a sitting area, beds and the bathroom. The temps for our stay were alittle chilly outside (50's), but the room and hotel were wonderful! The walk to the Edinburgh Castle was about 20 minutes, but you got to walk past shops and pubs, which was enjoyable. This was a GREAT location and all the people we encountered in Edinburgh were so friendly!! Would DEFINITELY stay here again!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your review.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stopover with us. It gave me much pride to read your comments regarding our staff. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back should you endeavour to stay in Edinburgh in the future.

Reviewed 24 January 2012

Room at front of hotel so some noise from street outside which is a bus route. If this would be a problem request a room at back of the hotel. TV in room channels very limited and reception/picture poor. Sky sports in bar but not available in the room. We managed to access free wifi from our room. Husband found room cold, hand to adjust heaters and not actually that cold the weekend we were there. Bed very firm.

Nice original features in room such as cornice and high ceilings, building is listed.
Like others have said acceptable standard of hotel but possibly not up to higher standard you hope for with a Hilton.

Room Tip: If you want quiet stay, probably better at back of hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kaz3003
Grosvenor_Edinburgh, General Manager at Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I was delighted to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry that your husband found the room cold - we do place additional heaters in room over winter, however in some rooms, due to the high ceilings it can still feel a little nippy.

I note your comments regarding noise from buses; unfortunately due to the Tram works at Haymarket, traffic is currently being diverted down our usually quiet street, I am sorry for the inconvenience this caused you.

Reviewed 24 January 2012

We booked the Edinburgh Grosvenor for New Year and will continue to stay at this very welcoming hotel. We ususally visit Edinburgh a couple of times a year and if we can get in at the Grosvenor then this is our first choice. The hotel is in the West End of Edinburgh which over the years has developed into a very vibrant area with a good selection of restaurants and bars. It is a mile or maybe less walk into the centre of Edinburgh but if you don't fancy the walk there is a bus just around the corner from the hotel. You can also take the short walk into Dean Village and visit the Dean Art galary, something which is not on the usual tourist attraction list and very worth a visit.

The staff here are very obliging and whenever I make a special request on my reservation - i.e. for a specific room they do their best to accommodate it. The breakfast is quite extensive and the chef is always on hand and happy to cook any poached eggs, omlettes, pancakes etc. that you may want to order. We tend to book b & b and have a meal out in the evening as you are spoilt for choice of restaurants in the city. Because this is a very old building, the rooms are all different sizes and shapes with the odd creaky floorboard but this all adds to the character of the place. The rooms are always kept clean and the tea/coffee and shampoo/shower gels restocked each day by a great team of chambermaids.

In Edinburgh we find this a real 'home from home' and always look forward to our stay here.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for reviewing the Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor.

I was absolutely delighted read your review! Your comments gave me much pride, always like to see the staff being acknowledged for all their hard work.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the future!