1,349 results
All reviewscity centreleisure facilitiessauna and steam roomleisure clubnumber busday ticketbunk bedsbuffet stylebus ridelovely hotelfamily roomreception staffjust round the cornerhotel restaurantbooked this hotelshort breakprinces street
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

I would say the staff and breakfast where excellent but the room I stayed was tied and floors creaked at every step and I don't sleep that well due to other noises in the night so will not be returning as a good nights sleep on a business trip is important
I think the hotel would be nice if some investment in the room was applied

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2017

The rooms were nice and the staff was friendly. We had dinner in the restaurant and the food was good. Everything was good, but not great. It felt like it was a good place for bus tour groups, because it seemed most of the guests seemed older. Nice work out room in the basement.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

I was part of the nwanze wedding party on Friday and want to give a special mention to Jordan. He not only kept us all happy at the bar but the night before the wedding he was a great help in helping us organise everything. A credit to the hotel.

Stayed: September 2017
CapitalManager, General Manager at Leonardo Hotel Edinburgh Murrayfield, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Dear Connie,

Thanks for the great 5 start review of a recent wedding you attended. Really pleasing for the team to read you enjoyed such an important day and I will be sure to pass on your thanks personally to Jordan - we are very lucky to have team members like Jordan and you are correct in saying he is a credit to our hotel!

I hope we can welcome you back to our hotel for another event in the future.

Regards,

David

Reviewed 18 September 2017

The good:
- The Edinburgh Capital Hotel has a nice interior and the rooms are very nice, clean and somewhat cozy. It definetely has a high quality feel.
- Staff was friendly and helpful with local information, change for the bus, or any questions we had.
- The hotel is situated outside of town but within walking distance of the local busline which takes you to the city centre. The departure of the bus is very frequent.
- You can get married and have your party here.

The bad:
- You can get married and have your party here. We had booked our room weeks in advance, and when we arrived, we were giving a room just above the party hall for the day's wedding guests. We should have been prioritized somewhere else, seeing as how we ordered well in advance. Also, we received no warning of this prior to reaching the hotel. The noise went on til around one or two in the night, and so we were awake until then. Not a big problem as we did not have to get up early, but still, we feel like we should have had a warning and an option to cancel or move rooms. When you book a hotel room, you expect to be able to relax and get a good nights sleep in that room. We propably would find another place during our next trip to Edinburgh because of this.

Room Tip: Keep in mind you might get a room above the wedding party hall and the noise carries through the floors.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2017

We arrived to find this Hotel well away from the City center. Our room although modern was a three bedded room as opposed to the twin we had requested. The room had one small window despite the room size and did not have any form of heating.
Staff very good and food and dining service was very good.
I can only describe this Hotel as ideal for the business traveler but not for the holiday visitor.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Roy,

Thank you for booking with us and reviewing your stay. I am very sorry that our location did not suit the purposes of your trip. Whilst we are outside the city centre there is a regular number 26 bus that connects us to Princes Street and takes about 25 minutes. We do also have a leisure club in our hotel and this offers complimentary access to the swimming pool, sauna, steam room and gym for all our guests. I am sorry that our location meant you were not able to fully enjoy your stay with us but I hope our team were able to make you feel welcome and I appreciate your balanced feedback.

Regards,