DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh Airport
Hotels.com
US$150
US$113
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$282
US$272
  • Bar/Lounge
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$140
The Place(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$117
  • Restaurant
Cairn Hotel Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$79
  • Bar/Lounge
US$80
US$63
Agoda.com
Holiday Inn Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$78
  • Pool
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$268
US$246
  • Restaurant
All reviewsan early flightfree shuttledouble treewarm cookiesstayed hereshuttle serviceon arrivalnext morningwake up callan overnight stayroom was largecomfortable roomsone night stayshort staytea and coffeeexcellent locationcity centre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

A very nice and comfortable stay close to the airport.

Amazing staff !
They made me and my fellow travellers feel very welcome and they all showed great hospitality with warmth, humour and smiles.

Only a short 5 walk to the airport or you may use the shuttle.

Room was quite large. Iron provided in the room. Bed was a little on the hard side but comfortable. I would like proper aircondition in the room but all other amenities in place.

I would book again for a comfortable stay close to the airport.

High five to the front desk staff !

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Chris_Lynch_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Dear ILS7L,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review following a recent stay with us here at DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh Airport. It was a great pleasure having you here as our guest and appreciate your feedback, we will ensure that it is shared directly with our team.

One of our most enjoyable responsibilities is to learn from our guests about their experience here at DoubleTree Edinburgh Airport in order to continually improve the product and service we offer. Our priority is to provide the highest quality of friendly and courteous service and strive to deliver a consistent standard of excellence.

I am delighted that your Guest room met your needs offering all required amenities, and our location was perfect for your need to be close to the airport.

We are always looking for ways to upgrade our product and have recently spent £2m refurbishing many aspects of the hotel including over 100 new beds. We have an on-going replacement program and will prioritise any beds highlights to us.

Once again thank you very much for your feedback, all the team here at DoubleTree Edinburgh Airport look forward to welcoming you back any time in the near future.

Reviewed 14 February 2018

Arrived at the airport, got the shuttle just outside arrived at the hotel in 2 minutes. Easy. Just what you need when travelling alone. Reception was seamless. Room was large and clean if a little dull but everything was there for a one night stay. It was really easy to get the tram into town. I didn't eat there in the evening but had a breakfast and it was excellent. A really good selection of continental and cooked. At £15 a head, I had a bit of a feast I must admit. The only criticism is that there were a lot of uncleared tables in the breakfast room even though there seemed to be plenty of staff. Young waitresses didn't seem to want to move themselves, though the male supervisors/ duty managers were on it and doing the bulk of the work.
I would definitely stay again if I go back to Edinburgh on a short trip.

Room Tip: very convenient for airport and tram connections.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Chris_Lynch_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Dear Suelydia,

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to share you review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and thank you for the very kind words with regards to the high levels of service and our staff, I will take great pleasure in sharing these with the team.

I appreciate your observations during breakfast, I will ensure that this is passed onto our Food & Beverage Manager for review. One of our most enjoyable responsibilities is to learn from our guests about their experience here at DoubleTree Edinburgh Airport in order to continually improve the product and service we offer.

Thank you also for the recommendation, it is greatly appreciated, and we very much look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Edinburgh.

Best regards

Reviewed 13 February 2018

I stay in hotels quite often so was pleasantly surprised by the genuine friendly and helpful reception I received. I had checked in on line which worked well so it was more like a chat over a cookie than the usual soulless queue at reception.
room was good and clean and surprisingly quiet for an airport hotel.
Definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Chris_Lynch_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Dear Richard M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive review following a recent stay. I am delighted to hear that from arrival you found our team to be friendly and helpful and enjoyed some conversation whilst receiving your welcome cookie!

Thank you for your feedback on our digital check in service, this is one of many benefits of being a Hilton Honors member being able to check in online and pre select your room as well as adding personal preferences to your HH profile.

I certainly hope you enjoyed your trip to Edinburgh and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

As my flight left early the next morning, this hotel was great from a location perspective as there were complimentary buses that left right outside the hotel to the airport. While the check in staff were good and my room was spacious, I found it very dusty.

I would have asked for my room to be changed but given I was incredibly tired (and my room was quite far from the lifts and I had already gone down once to fix my keycard) and also I was only there for a few hours before catching my very early flight, I decided to just leave it as is.

It wasn’t an enjoyable, restful experience but thankfully it was only a very short stay.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo

Dear The AusTravellers,

Thank you for taking the time to leave an honest review following a recent stay with us here at DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh Airport.
I have informed our Head Housekeeper of your comments regarding your bedroom and asked that he look into this with his team. I can only apologise at this point for your disappointment with your bedroom and had we known this, we would have been happy to have it re-serviced or found you an alternative bedroom.

I do hope that you will accept my apologies and that you will consider us for any future trips to Edinburgh.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

Thank you so much I really enjoy my stay The barman Mirko was very nice and the waiter Ignitus really dedicated to all my needs and comfort the Lebanese specialty was incredible good Peter made the difference to change this stay as a outstanding moment I really recommend this place Thank to the team Isabelle

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Dear Isabelle M,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review following your recent stay here at DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh Airport. It was a great pleasure having you here as our guest and appreciate your feedback, we will ensure that it is shared directly with our team.

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to write with and name check many of our associates, I will be thrilled to share your kind words with Mirko, Ignatius and Piotr.

I sincerely hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back to our Hotel again in the near future for another perfect stay.