All reviews an early flight double tree free shuttle warm cookies rental car wake up call next morning on arrival one night stay an overnight stay five minute walk room was large comfortable rooms short stay good nights sleep tea and coffee city centre
Reviewed 20 September 2017

Room was very clean and well equipped . Bathroom and amenities good . Bed and pillows very comfortable . However there is no soundproofing . Could hear everything from corridor noise to people in rooms adjacent and above , talking , coughing , running taps and using the toilet . Doors slamming as people left for early flights . Not a restful night at all . Was awake from 3.00

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank eilleenboyleb
Chris L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Dear eilleenboyleb,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review following your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to read that there were a couple of issues that led us to fall short of 5* for your stay in Edinburgh.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the disturbance you experienced during your stay. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and I assure you your comments with be shared and discussed with the rest of the team.
We hope you enjoyed your visit to Edinburgh and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in future so that we can provide a better experience.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Very easy stay here as it's right next to the airport. The facilities are excellent, the food is well presented and delicious.Would highly recommend this hotel. Staff very helpful and friendly. I always sleep well at this hotel, the beds are so comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Chris L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Dear Sandra M,

WOW what a wonderful review to receive, thank you sincerely for taking the time to write to us and tell us about your stay. When I share this news with the teams, they will all be equally pleased too at your words which will serve as encouragement.

We are pleased to hear that our hotel’s location was ideal for your stay with us being only a short walk to the airport terminal.

My colleagues and I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your kind impressions on Trip Advisor and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Due to work commitments only slept and ate breakfast in this hotel. Rooms are clean and have everything you need. Didn't use any of the facilities such as the gym and exercise classes, but there was signs showing the pool was closed.
The breakfast offered a wide range of hot and cold food, and all of it was very good.
Service by all staff I came across was excellent.
My issue was not having free bottles of water in room and I had to request that my tea tray be filled, and on return from an exhausting day at work to discover my bed made hadn't been made.
It is very basic and a bit tired looking in comparison to the Double Tree Hilton at North Queensferry.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Chris L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts following your recent stay here at Doubletree by Hilton Edinburgh Airport.

I am pleased you mentioned breakfast as our team have worked hard to perfect the most important meal of the day. Look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel.

I have informed our Head Housekeeper of your comments regarding your bedroom and asked that he look into this with her team. I can only apologise at this point for your disappointment with your bedroom and had we known this, we would have been happy to have it re-serviced or found you an alternative bedroom.

I do hope that you will accept my apologies and that you will consider us for any future trips to Edinburgh.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Hotel is expensive for what it is but if you are catching an early morning plane like we were it is handy for the airport. Our room service meal was poor and over priced. Terrible tasteless lukewarm mac and cheese and a lukewarm burger. Not very impressive! Room was fine but could have done with a bit of a dust. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Margaret L

Dear Margaret L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts following your recent stay. I am glad to hear you found our location convenient for the airport with an early morning flight. I do hope our complimentary shuttle bus service was useful for you to take you to the airport from the Hotel.

I am terribly sorry to hear you were disappointed with your room service order, I will be sure to inform our kitchen team and discuss your comments.
I do hope you were offered an alternative meal to ensure you were satisfied with your experience.

Your kind feedback regarding the quality of service you received from my colleagues is particularly pleasing and I will take great pleasure in sharing your comments with the team.

I do hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back to our Hotel again in the near future,

Reviewed 16 September 2017

The hotel is nice, with a good size room, and is perfect for staying over at the airport, but I don't think it is worth paying more than the holiday in. Our room was too hot and there wasn't any way of cooling it down. The bed was far too firm, I hardly slept at all.
The service in the restaurant was really slow, and there were only 2 of us and 4 other couples and a table of 4, so I would hate to see what would happen if it was full. Our starter came quickly, but it was then another 40 minutes until the main course came out.
I has a steak, which I left half, because it was to fatty, I struggled to cut it with a steak knife. Very disappointing, and not worth the price.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Chris L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear 27susie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts following your recent stay here at Doubletree by Hilton Edinburgh Airport.
I am terribly sorry to hear we did not exceed your expectations in a few aspects or your stay, please be assured that our pricing is very competitive within the market and you will always find our best prices when you book direct as a Hilton Honours member.

I am disappointed to hear about your experience in our restaurant, I do hope our team were able offer you an alternative meal to ensure you left satisfied, please be assured I will discuss your comments with our team.
I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel again in the near future to offer you a better experience.