2,561 results
All reviews hunter square royal mile great location central location rooms are small train station street noise twin room clean hotel buffet breakfast pubs and restaurants short stay princess street castle advocate earplugs hairdryer
Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

Ideal spot for exploring the city! However it was so noisy you couldn’t have a good night sleep, the heating wasn’t controllable and we were next to a boiler room so it was an actual sauna. The view from the window...although it was funny was pretty depressing
All the staff were fantastic and very helpful too.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Laura H
Simon G, General Manager at Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Dear Laura H

We are sorry we didn't get to fulfill your expectations as much as we would have liked to, hopefully you'll give us the chance to make up for that if you choose us next time you visit beautiful Edinburgh :)

Thanks for taking your time to give us a review and for mentioning our staff!

Olaya
Reception Team Member

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Clean, warm and modern. However, location means it's NOISY! So noisy in fact, Ibis, leave you a business card in the room telling you that there's complimentary ear plugs available from reception! We have previously stayed at the Ibis around the corner on the South Bridge, which is much quieter. Small bar in reception is very expensive, nearby bars and pubs are a lot cheaper.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Thurcroftbiker
Simon G, General Manager at Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Good afternoon Thurcroftbiker,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm sorry you did not fully enjoy your stay. I take good note of your comments though. I would welcome any more comments as any suggestion to help our guest with the buzzing sound of Edinburgh is always welcome.
Simon G
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 17 November 2017

I really loved this property. The staff, facilities of the hotel. The staff are very friendly. The Location is great. Great quality of the hotel. If I would know that I would be so happy in this property and I would stay more nights !!!! It is a great value

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank travel177

Dearest travel177

Just WOW!
Thanks a million for rating us with 5 stars and leaving such a magnificent comment about us, our staff always appreciates getting mentioned and we are happy when our guests are :)
we would really like to thank you for taking your time!

Olaya
Reception Team Member

Reviewed 15 November 2017

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

My husband & I stayed here for 2 nights during our visit to Edinburgh. I was a little apprehensive based on the price compared with other EDI hotels but figured if it was bad it was only two nights for us to suffer through. By the end of our stay I was sad we only had two nights there. I wish the quality of our other lodgings during our time in the UK lived up to this place!!! We arrived from the airport about 5 hours before checkin. I had emailed before we left the US & asked if they had somewhere to store our bags. They responded back promptly stating we were welcome to leave our bags & even offered us an early checkin. They were also helpful in confirming public transportation options for me. When we arrived we were allowed to check in immediately which we were so thankful for after our rough overnight flight- thank heavens for a hot shower! (sidenote: also appreciated the provided shampoo/body wash) The room was tiny but big enough for us to store our luggage and spend time in the room without feeling cramped and on top of each other. Maybe it’s the OCD in me but I really appreciated the little cubbies in the ‘closet’ that allowed us to put away our belongings when we unpacked. The view was nice of the little square out front, although it can get noisy at night with a pub across the street. Fortunately I brought ear plugs but they offered complimentary ones in the lobby if need be. On the note of sleeping: I will say the bed was pretty terrible. Super uncomfortable & the pillows were thin without any extras in the room. But honestly for as great as everything else was, I had no problems overlooking it. We ate breakfast there our last morning & it was a great spread. I did feel like the £10+ price tag was a little steep considering we had an excellent breakfast the day before down the block for half that much. I also appreciated the £5 credit we got to the bar/restaurant for not needing our room cleaned. It’s nice to get a reward for that. They also provided in room coffee/tea & biscuits which we put to use. All in all Ibis was a great value & great experience. The staff were super helpful whenever we had a question & always friendly. I really loved the aesthetic of the hotel too! Also you can’t beat the location. We walked all over Edinburgh during our stay & my husband & I both agreed that Hunter Square is the best place to be as you’re central to so much. My experience was so great that I’ll definitely look to use the Ibis chain in the future. Thanks so much for the lovely stay!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Simon G, Reception at Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Dear Julie,

I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, at Ibis Royal Mile. I will pass the comments to Chelsea as she checked you in, and will be very happy to see that she made your stay very easy and good. We all are frequent travelers so, we can understand that after such a long trip you really need to get into your room and rest so, if we have vacant and clean rooms we try and give them at any time.

I am sorry to hear that you couldn't enjoy your sleep due to the mattress and pillows, I have passed the comment to the management of the hotel to work on it. However, any other time, please, do not hesitate to ask for extra pillows, blankets, towels... anything else you need and we can do for you, we will. Also, about the noise issue, is something we are working on, but next time we might be able to change your room if we have extra availability.

I hope to see you soon again.

Kind regards.