2,542 results
All reviews hunter square royal mile great location central location rooms are small train station street noise twin room buffet breakfast pubs and restaurants short stay princess street castle advocate earplugs hairdryer suitcases
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Excellent location for the Fringe. Room was expensive for what it was, but then all accomodation in Edinburgh is expensive in August. We had an "inner" room which didn't have an outside window (our window opened into a small atrium in the centre of the hotel building) which had the advantage of not having the noise of the busy streets outside. It was very helpful that the hotel was able to hold our bags securely between the time we checked out in the morning and our train departing in the early evening.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We stayed during The Festival. The hotel is ideally placed, extremely central. Ibis hotels are basic, I know, and am happy with - but they ramp up the price during the Festival weeks to very high levels. Their Internet access is a chargeable extra at rip-off prices - nine pounds a day!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PaulBohane
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Location is the best and the Price is the best but the room was atrocious when we arrived. The staff resolved the issues but found they were not very friendly from the moment we checked in. Also disappointed that there was no free Wifi!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerIbis, General Manager at Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent vist to Ibis Edinburgh. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay but also sorry that you were disappointed with the room and wifi. Please feel free to contact me on ------------ to discuss this further.
I do hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 16 August 2011

Surprised to find the Ibis had rooms at short notice during the Edinburgh Festival. In easy walking distance of Waverley Station. Very good value for money at such a time, clean, friendly and excellent service. Good breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Flyer291240
GeneralManagerIbis, General Manager at Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here with us at Ibis Edinburgh and I look forward to being able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 15 August 2011

I chose to stay at this hotel as I had been given vouchers from a family member, I would not have done otherwise. Initially the hotel was very expensive and does not have any parking due to its location but has a deal with a nearby car park, unfortunately this was expensive too.

I was given a room at the front of the hotel which meant I could look out on the square. Sadly the temperature of the room was very high and the controls prevented me from lowering it. I opened the windows and was met by the sound of crying out addicts and drunks at night, roadworks and traffic during the day. This was made worse by the bed being very uncomfortable.

I had selected breakfast with my stay, and because I was on holiday I went down towards the end of the sitting. This meant that most of food had been sitting out for a couple of hours and was not very good.

I was very disappointed with the hotel that I expected much more from.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
GeneralManagerIbis, General Manager at Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2011

Dear Guest
I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay at Ibis Edinburgh. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and am currently investigating your comments. Please do not hesitate to call me on 0131 240 7000 or email me on H2039-GM@accor.com to discuss this further.