The hotel is about a mile from Princes St and is pleasantly situated opposite a city centre park. Apparently there is a free Pitch & Putt course nearby (bring your own clubs and balls) but I haven't tried it yet.
The hotel appears to have been refurbished to a very good standard and it is warm and welcoming. The staff are also warm and welcoming and seem to be interested in your welfare.
The rooms are clean and spacious and reasonably well appointed. I like the idea of free WiFi but the reception in the bedrooms has been quite poor; it is excellent in the public spaces and in the beer garden but I like to Skype so this isn't always practical.
The restaurant food is good (especially the breakfasts) and it's not too expensive; a big plus is that they don't impose a tray charge for room service.
I've now stayed here at least 4 times in the last few months and I'll definitely be coming back. Please please improve your wifi signal so that I can skype and complete my work tasks more quickly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A traditional Edinburgh townhouse style hotel with contemporary touches overlooking a park near the city centre and all attractions. High quality and tastefully designed individual bedrooms. Relax in the comfortable lounge and enjoy casual gourmet food in Bisque Brasserie. Free guest WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Edinburgh City Centre Bruntsfield Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Bruntsfield Hotel Edinburgh
- Best Western Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Best Western
- Best Western Plus Edinburgh City Centre Bruntsfield Hotel Scotland