The Old Waverley Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$187
  • Pool
US$374
US$334
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$270
US$187
  • Bar/Lounge
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$281
Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$224
US$198
Agoda.com
Apex Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$140
  • Pool
US$300
US$279
Agoda.com
Cairn Hotel Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$108
  • Bar/Lounge
US$145
2,215 results
All reviewsscott monumentprinces streetgreat locationtrain stationfirst flooredinburgh castlechristmas marketcorner roomtour busestriple roomyour luggagecentral locationbuffet breakfastprincess stnice bathroomreception areashort break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Great location on PrIncess St near Waverly Station. Older, Victorian hotel that is well done. Need was too soft and spongy for my taste. You are paying for the location which is excellent. Staff was very accommodating

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
EdinburghCollection, General Manager at The Old Waverley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Thank you for leaving a review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

We hope you made the most of our fantastic location and explored Edinburgh as much as possible during your visit.

We would love to welcome you back to Old Waverley Hotel.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Booked this hotel as a last minute stay. Was not disappointed at all. Hotel has an elegance of a bygone era. Staff on reception welcoming. Room was very large with a huge bed which was so comfortable we didn't want to get up. En suite bathroom large and very clean with complimentary toiletries. Fantastic view of the Albert memorial opposite. Breakfast selection very good both hot and cold buffet choices. Easy access to rail station about 2 minutes walk away.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front for best views.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and consider us to be the best hotel bed you have ever slept in!

We are also happy to hear that you enjoyed the feeling of being in a bygone era. The hotel was built in 1848 and has been host to a variety of memorable guests and events. We want to retain its historic feeling and decor as not to lose its charm.

We would love to welcome you back the next time you visit Edinburgh.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Genuinely like stepping back in time a decade or two! Can't decide whether it's old world charm or a reluctance to embrace the 'Motel One' generation. Worth the money? Hmm, ok if you get a deal like I did but with places close by like the Premier Inn, the aforementioned 'Motel One' where modern is the name of the game it's quite charming and laid back... It does have an excellent whiskey choice though, at reasonable prices :)

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for leaving a review, we appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback regarding your stay.

Our hotel was built in 1848 and has even earned a listed building status in Edinburgh. The hotel has been around for over a century and has been a part of the cities rich history. It has played host to many iconic guests and events. So, we want to try and retain as much of this as possible.

We hope to welcome you back the next time you visit Edinburgh.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Wonderful stay staff very friendly an helpful bedroom clean an well presented beds clean an comfortable breakfast was good plenty of choices an always there when we asked for sandwiches on a evening . The hotel was in a good place not far from the station .

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Old Waverley Hotel.

We hope you made the most of our great location and explored Edinburgh and we would love to wecome you back the next time you visit!

Reviewed 2 October 2017

me -Hello, can you tell me please if you can accommodate disabled?
jill - Well what do ya mean we got 27 steps (Not All disabled people have a chair!!)

me -Yes I know there are steps, (jill interupts me) Well we've got steps, so what else
do you want? (me contd.) but I dont have a wheelchair,can you accommodate
me otherwise?
jill - Well What else? ..(courtesy wd be refreshing, a nice attitude would be great!)

me - Can you give me any assistance or help choosing a suitable room?
jill - WELL youll need to tell me ur date,I cant tell you if you don't give me a date
(charming!)

me - I would give you a date if you would stop interrupting me.
jill - EM EXCUSE ME!! I cant give you a room if you don't give me a date.

me -Jill perhaps you are in the wrong job, (jill interupts again) What do you mean, oh right so I'm in the wrong job am I! (me contd) your'e not really helping me.
jill - If you don't stop shouting at me I will have to hang up the phone!

me -(I struggled with what to say) I was silent, I have an aquired Brain Injury following
a fatal road crash.
jill - Hung up the phone anyway

Disabled Friendly? Customer Focused? Shame on you Jill in reservations.

Room Tip: No Accessibility, No Assistance available, No interest in Disabled, Really poor service
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends