The Old Waverley Hotel
US$260
US$124
US$114
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$181
US$105
US$78
2,229 results
All reviewsscott monumentprinces streetgreat locationtrain stationfirst flooredinburgh castlechristmas marketcorner roomtour busestriple roomyour luggagecentral locationbuffet breakfastprincess stnice bathroomreception areashort break
Reviewed 2 October 2017

me -Hello, can you tell me please if you can accommodate disabled?
jill - Well what do ya mean we got 27 steps (Not All disabled people have a chair!!)

me -Yes I know there are steps, (jill interupts me) Well we've got steps, so what else
do you want? (me contd.) but I dont have a wheelchair,can you accommodate
me otherwise?
jill - Well What else? ..(courtesy wd be refreshing, a nice attitude would be great!)

me - Can you give me any assistance or help choosing a suitable room?
jill - WELL youll need to tell me ur date,I cant tell you if you don't give me a date
(charming!)

me - I would give you a date if you would stop interrupting me.
jill - EM EXCUSE ME!! I cant give you a room if you don't give me a date.

me -Jill perhaps you are in the wrong job, (jill interupts again) What do you mean, oh right so I'm in the wrong job am I! (me contd) your'e not really helping me.
jill - If you don't stop shouting at me I will have to hang up the phone!

me -(I struggled with what to say) I was silent, I have an aquired Brain Injury following
a fatal road crash.
jill - Hung up the phone anyway

Disabled Friendly? Customer Focused? Shame on you Jill in reservations.

Room Tip: No Accessibility, No Assistance available, No interest in Disabled, Really poor service
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank badflower
Reviewed 2 October 2017

We had a lovely stay at the Old Waverley. The hotel is situated right in the heart of Edinburgh meaning the location couldn't be beat.

The rooms were on the smaller side, but clean and comfortable, and due to the awesome lounge on the first floor, the rooms really didn't need to be any bigger than they were. We spent almost every evening in the lounge, playing games and enjoying the very well-stocked bar.

The people of the staff were friendly and welcoming - happy to help with anything we needed, and always ready with a recommendation of places to go or things to see.

We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kiwiria
EdinburghCollection, General Manager at The Old Waverley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Thank you for leaving a review, we appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and made the most of our public spaces. As well as the well-stocked bar, the bar offers a great view over Princes Street.

We will pass on your kind words to our staff and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

- clean but stained sheets
- No elevator access until 1st floor (which they call ground floor)
- Can hear everything in hallway
- Smelly room
- Mildew towels
- Soap smells like detergent
- British boarding school feel
- Good location

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amadeo B

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we appreciate your feedback.

We are sorry to hear that you do not feel the hotel met your expectations on this occasion.

We hope you made the most of our location and explored Edinburgh, it is a wonderful city.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Best thing about the hotel is that is very convenient to transportation, museums, and the Royal Mile area. Rooms were small, staff at front desk didn't seem confident with information, quite a few stairs to get to the lobby from the street, breakfast was adequate.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2017

The hotel is not extravagant. It is 3* however, it is very functioning.
The best asset is the location which in Princess Street. Everything is walking distance.
Trains station, city's tourist spots, Trams stop, bus stop.. Restaurants and shops are beside the hotel.
Downside is there's no elevator and we had a hard time bringing in our luggage but the staff in front desk was so helpful. He carried our luggage all the way to the reception. I just forgot his name though.
Our room was very spacious. Nothing special but clean. I love this hotel even it is 3*.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your recent stay at Old Waverley Hotel. We are delighted to hear that you had a good experience with us.

There is an elevator from the lobby which gives access to all floors. The reason for the steps up to the lobby is that we are a listed building.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel when you next visit Edinburgh.