2,159 results
All reviewscity centreleith docksocean terminalmini barsuperior roomcontinental breakfastan upgradethe royal yacht britanniabars and restaurantslovely hotelclub roomhotel is situatedan overnight staya lovely staystayed for one nightcomfy bedlovely room
Reviewed 6 October 2017

The picture location looked nice & the reviews although mixed wr generally good. Someone had stated the hotel was 1.4 miles from Edinburgh centre! More like 4.4. Our stay in the main was good. Decor tired but still nice. My purpose in writing this review is to let prospective customers know about the underhand practice they employ in their restaurant re their "discretionary" service charge. It's not discretionary, it's automatically included in the bill.When I signed for our meal there was no reference on it to a service charge so I tipped the waitress. It wasn't until I received my bill by email the next day that I saw I'd been charged £8.50 for service. (They had a power failure which lasted approximately 5 hours & when I checked out at 11.45 the IT systems wr still down.
My issue with malmaison is their deceitfulness in including this charge & telling customers in their literature that it was discretionary.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank M V
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

No air-con in the room and too noisy outside to open a window at night. I decided to remove the quilt from its cover and just use the quilt cover to sleep under and then I saw that the quilt was very badly stained. The next morning I went to use the iron which was broken. We cancelled the second night as we lost confidence in the place and the hotel tried to charge me £29 more than I had paid.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Lovely hotel, great location, £6 Uber into the city center. We had a bit of a noisy room with works going on outside, Stuart the manager upgraded us to a suite and threw in some drinks, even came and helped us move our stuff. Proper gent. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Wonderful location, lots of good restaurants and bars nearby. It takes c30mins to walk to Princes Street in the centre and a bus takes 10mins (£1.60 each way!)

Room was good, clean towels every day. We dined at the restaurant, a little expensive but I would say value for money.

Highly recommend this as an alternative to the city centre hotels.

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

A fantastic hotel, speedy yet informative check in. Staff are friendly and really helpful. Third time we've stayed here and never been disappointed. Food outstanding, breakfast is worth every penny. Beautiful location and suits any type of visit.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family