2,196 results
All reviews city centre leith docks mini bar ocean terminal superior room continental breakfast an upgrade the royal yacht britannia bars and restaurants lovely hotel club room hotel is situated an overnight stay a lovely stay stayed for one night comfy bed lovely room
Reviewed 19 February 2016 via mobile

Lovely hotel but a little worn. Refurb taking place while we were there, could smell paint and saw lots of decorators. Nice location by waterfront but quite costly in cans to and from city centre- £10 thereabouts each way. Room was nice, not very spacious but cosy and a very warm.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Stewart C, General Manager at Malmaison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2016

Dear Holidays0213

Thank you fore taking the time to write this great review of Malmaison Edinburgh.

I am pleased to read that overall you really enjoyed your recent stay with us in particular your cosy room. As you mentioned, there are some very exciting changes happening here at Malmaison Edinburgh in the coming months. So far this year we have fully refurbished all our ground floor areas and have launched Chez Mal, our new and very exciting bar and brasserie, which have already received hugely positive feedback from our guests. We are also currently upgrading all 100 bedrooms with a stunning new look, which I am sure you'll love too. The work is taking place floor by floor so that there is very minimal inconvenience to any guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon, so you can see our fab new hotel for yourself on your next visit.

Reviewed 19 February 2016 via mobile

Stayed with my husband for one night, all the staff were helpful and friendly. When my husband booked the room he mentioned on the phone that it was our little honeymoon and they wrote us a card and left some sweeties in the room which was a nice touch. Loved the view onto the water and the room was very nice.

Dear cocomac89

Thank you fore taking the time to write this lovely review of Malmaison Edinburgh.

I am pleased to read that you really enjoyed your recent stay with us in particular the service from my helpful and friendly staff. If you did not know, there are some very exciting changes happening here at Malmaison Edinburgh in the coming months. So far this year we have fully refurbished all our ground floor areas and have launched Chez Mal, our new and very exciting bar and brasserie, which have already received hugely positive feedback from our guests. We are also currently upgrading all 100 bedrooms with a stunning new look, which I am sure you'll love too.

Reviewed 18 February 2016

DVD player didn't work, and couldn't be resolved by staff during the stay, even though they identified that the cable had fallen out of the TV, but couldn't be put back in. Room was booked through hotels.com, and had included breakfast as an extra at the time of booking (with no specification as to what type of breakfast) and the hotel charged extra for having a cooked breakfast, rather than the cold buffet. The lady on checkout was also very rude about me questioning the charge, even though there was no specification of the type of breakfast included on the booking. Tainted the whole stay. Wouldn't stay there again because of her attitude. Not to mention sloppy service during breakfast itself, after being asked if we wanted tea/coffee, and then having to chase it up 15 minutes later, and it turned up after the breakfast itself. In addition, while the location is fine for being in Leith, it's over 2 miles from Edinburgh, listing it as their 'Edinburgh' hotel, is somewhat a stretch.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
3  Thank Steven G
Reviewed 15 February 2016

Stayed here at the end of January for a celebration couple of nights and were disappointed. The first room was not up to scratch and the bed was extremely hard so asked to be moved. Work was being done in the hotel so builders and mess everywhere and the bistro was decamped into a meeting room, not great. Staff were unhelpful and unfriendly, not at all happy or accommodating with requests.
The only redeeming feature was the location

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PartTimer33
Stewart C, General Manager at Malmaison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2016

Dear PartTimer33

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of Malmaison Edinburgh.

I am sad to read that there were some aspects that made your stay with us less than perfect. There are some incredibly exciting changes happening here at the hotel which unfortunately caused some slight disruption on the day that you stayed. Please accept my personal apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay. Our public areas are now complete, meaning we have a brand new Brasserie, Bar and Reception which are simply stunning.

I truly hope the temporary renovation works will not put you off staying with us again and I am certain your next stay will be much more memorable for all the right reasons.

Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

The hotel was very clean and beautifully presented. The food and restaurant were to a very high standard and made special with a free photograph on a red carpet; the little things that go along way. The reception staff were very helpful and
Polite. The location of the hotel was beautiful slightly out of the centre but very close to up and coming restaurants and bars all within a close walking distance. I would highly recommend and will definitely be returning.

1  Thank BEEKAYYork
Stewart C, General Manager at Malmaison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2016

Dear BEEKAYYork

Thank you for taking this time to write such a lovely review of Malmaison Edinburgh.

I am so pleased to read just how much you enjoyed your stay with us in particular our red carpet Valentine's event and our great location on the Shore in Leith.

As a thank you for this 5* review, please let me know when you next plan a visit and I'll ensure your room is upgraded with my compliments.

Thanks again and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Stewart Campbell - reception.edinburgh@malmaison.com