“Evening Food Quality”

Jurys Inn Edinburgh
Ranked #115 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Don't have an evening meal in the hotel until they get the chef sorted out - Food was sent back and whilst replaced with another meal that wasn't great either whilst the meal was reimbursed they are missing the point that the quality of the food leaving the Kitchen in the first place is the issue - My son is a chef and would have been very unimpressed with the standard here. Breakfast was good though.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Jurys Inn
Tomasz S, Manager at Jurys Inn Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Dear davidbT7755GK,
Thank You for taking time to leave feedback about your recent stay at Jurys Inn hotel in Edinburgh.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you experienced while staying with us. We did a full investigation and put a further training in place to make sure that this situation remains as an individual case and food quality is improved with immediate effect. I really hope we can still welcome you in future and should you wish to come back please contact me directly and I will make sure your dinner will be on us to make sure that we can change your last impression.
Once again thank You and have a great day.

tomasz_stankiewicz@jurysinns.com

Write a ReviewReviews (4,354)

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Very well located, good value for breakfast, confortable roons and great staff. Royal Mile has almost a direct link to the hotel (only a few stairs and you are there). Excelent pubs and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear Humberto M,

I'm delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay and I really hope we can welcome you again in future.

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Just stayed for a night. A random, spontaneous visit to Edinburgh and wanted something cheap and cheerful and a good nights sleep. Reception and check in was easy enough. Staff seem attentive and polite. The room was basic but clean. However the room was freezing cold, no heating in the room at all, radiators weren’t switched on it they were broken. I was woken up at 5am by staff bustling about behind the hotel. Metal trolleys being moved about on hard concrete is a sure way of waking the dead in the wee hours. Wasn’t happy about that.

Breakfast was a joke. £11 for a full English that was luke warm and congealed and the breakfast organisation was chaotic and badly organised. As is the case with big hotel chains, the lack of care and attention to detail is always so disappointing.

However, Jury’s did agree to refund 50% of my total bill.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank RichG_London

Dear RichG_London,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you experienced while staying with us. I can assure you that we are currently dealing with the delivery companies regarding delivery times due to noise that is disturbing our guests. I will also investigate issue with breakfast as we normally get very good reviews and I'm disappointed that it wasn't reflected during your stay. I really hope that despite the bad experience we can still welcome you again in future.
Once again thank You and have a great day.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Good location, easy to explore the city by foot from here. Near the castle on the royal Mile, where you can find great little cigar and whiskey shops. The hotel is near a lovely little italian restaurant. The rooms are large and linen changed regularly. Staff were very helpful

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Thereze q,

I'm very happy to see that you had a nice stay and it was a perfect base for visiting beautiful city of Edinburgh and happy to see that our team was helpful. I really hope we can welcome you again in future.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

The place is fairly dated, but overall it was a solid stay. If all you need is a convenient base of operations from which you can see Edinburgh, this is fine. I personally wouldn't stay here again, as it was a little more basic than I like my accommodations, but if I had to stay here, I would.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear susabE8295DZ,

I'm happy to see that you had a good stay and I'm sorry to here that our hotel is not top of the list of your choices. We are working on a soft refurbishment of our rooms and modernization and I hope we can welcome you again in future once those are completed.