4,318 results
All reviews peacock alley caley bar galvin brasserie castle view guerlain spa beautiful hotel end of princes street luxury hotel turn down service nespresso machine an upgrade beautiful room haggis royal mile concierge doorman bathrobes
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Went with work for some pre-drinks before dinner. The place is grand! The bar area felt luxurious and cosy. I can honestly that I had the best cocktails in a long time - highly recommend the French martini! Only 4stars as they should bring more nibbles especially considering we had quite a few drinks. Highly recommend though!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Sylvia G
GMWAEdi, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Dear Sylvia G,
The best cocktails in a long time, incredible feeling! I am delighted that you chose our property to have pre-drinks before dinner, thank you very much for your comments.
It would be fantastic to have you enjoying a night at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Lovely stay at this hotel in a Queen deluxe room for 2 nights. Staff from check in to check out were attentive and relaxed, nothing seemed a fuss and we were made to feel welcome throughout our stay. Every member of staff we passed acknowledged us, even just to say hello! The view from the room was great, and the choice and quality of food at breakfast was vast but great. Special mention to Paloma at check in, and Anna, Christian and Angelos at breakfast, but as I said, all the staff we came in contact with were great, especially with our kids. Can't wait to come back!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear CRossi82,
It is a pleasure to see that you enjoyed every single minute of your stay at our wonderful property. It makes me very happy to see that our team was attentive, friendly and that you felt welcome and acknowledged.
I will make sure to deliver your satisfaction to the entire team, especially to Paloma, Anna, Christian and Angelos.
Thank you very much for your incredible feedback, I hope to have you staying at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian very soon.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel well located in Edinburgh's old town. Our room was big and reasonably priced. I felt a little out of place going in wearing a hoodie and baseball hat. It seemed like the desk staff struggled to hold back laughter due to our appearance.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear jbandre09,
Thank you very much for your nice review, I am very happy to see that you enjoyed a big and nice room in such an historical property. I am very sorry to learn that you felt out of place, but please do not! We have a lot of guests from a lot of different countries around the world, wearing a baseball hat will never be a reason to be or feel underdressed at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian.
I would love to have you staying with us in a not too distant future.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here one night whilst in Edinburgh for my birthday. The hotel was lovely from start to finish and the service was excellent. Greated on arrival with a piper and the breakfast was very fresh and tasty. Breakfast staff were very upbeat and chatty.

Lots of Americans enjoying our city!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear TripAdvisor user,
I am delighted to see that you decided to stay with us during your birthday, and that you enjoyed our wonderful service. Breakfast at Brasserie by Galvin is indeed a magnificent experience.
Thank you very much for your fantastic feedback, I am really looking forward to have you staying with us again.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

From the moment we stepped into the beautiful lobby until we boarded the taxi the next day, the time at the Caledonian was very special. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and the staff sent us a complimentary bottle of Merlot. The concierge, Michael could not have been more friendly and helpful. The dinner at the Brasserie was served hot and well-prepared. We had a delicious lamb dish and a fish encrusted in herbs that was the best we has eaten in our previous week in Scotland. The hotel was clean and the bathroom spotless.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
GMWAEdi, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear 36 geralyns,

I appreciate you taking the time to leave us with your review.

I am absolutely thrilled that chose the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian to celebrate such a special occasion. I am pleased that your overall stay was so enjoyable and that our Concierge, Michael helped enhance your experience.

We would love to have you back very soon.