“Fantastic! Super Fresh Sushi! Try Hotpot!”
Review of Yes Sushi

Yes Sushi
Ranked #1,068 of 2,774 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: New Town
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Visted here tonight as not been since it opened originally. We usually go weekly to China Red out at the Corn Exchange as we live 45 mins away and less close to the city centre. Decided to try here for a change.

We always have hot pot - I'm British but my friends are Chinese so not many British people eat it but I would highly recommend it and GREAT value for money.

We had 3x hot pot and 1 person ordered off the menu - all was fantastic, served fresh from the kitchen. Sushi we had several kinds (included in the unlimited hot pot menu) we had salmon, duck and prawn. We also made our own dips from the dip section and that just makes the extra difference.
Staff were very friendly and attentive.

I really DO NOT understand the negative reviews for here at all - must be people who are used to plastic sushi they pick up at a supermarket or a petrol station!

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Delicious food with great service. I wish I lived local so I can come back again and again!
There is a great variety of vegan food so we had no trouble finding something to eat. The tempura, tofu and avocado maki were my personal favourites.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

My family and I were greeted promptly, served in a timely manner and had friendly service. One of the things we really liked about this restaurant was the large variety of sushi. For my main meal, I did stick with one of my favorite Japanese dishes, barbecue eel. This was delicious.

They actually had some grilled sushi on the menu which sounded interesting, so we decided to give it a try since we've never seen that at any other Japanese restaurant we've been to. We tried the grilled cheese sea bass. My husband didn't like the cheese and felt it overpowered the flavor of the fish, but my son and I both liked the unique flavor.

The prices were very reasonable and we received plenty of food for what we paid. If we hadn't stopped on our last night in Edinburgh, we would have considered coming back again. The restaurant is located three blocks north of Princes Street, so not in the main tourist area, but certainly not a far walk to get there from most tourist destinations.

1  Thank Travelingtree
Reviewed 6 July 2017

My friend and I had the all you can eat buffet.As newbies to Japanese eating our waitress,sara was patient and informative,explaining all the different dishes,she even customised our dipping sauces which were delicious. I have to say our eyes were bigger than our bellies and we ordered too much,The seafood,fish and sushi were delicious.We even tried some unusual super veg,which I'd never even heard of.This was a lovely dining experience and excellent value for money.

Reviewed 30 June 2017

I have been here on several occasions to enjoy the all you can eat maki menu (16 pounds). If you are not into sushi, there are plenty of other options on the menu. On one occasion, one of my friends tried a non-sushi dish off the menu, which she very much enjoyed. Overall, I think 16 pounds is a good value for the sushi you are getting. On all occasions, the sushi tasted like it was freshly made. Furthermore, the service is very friendly. The staff is not very much in your face welcoming but rather welcoming in a calm manner. I very much enjoy coming here and would definitely recommend this place if you in for lots of food for a good price.

The only negative is that it can be quite cold in the winter if you are close to the door/windows