“Quaint little pub with good eats.”
Review of King's Wark

King's Wark
Reserve with OpenTable
King's Wark is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #514 of 2,777 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 September 2016

We ended up here after walking The Waters of Leith from Dean's village to the shore. We were hungry and thirsty and fortunately the Kings Wark satisfied both our needs. The interior is lovely. We were able to snag a seat by a window, with a great view of the canal area. As it was around 3, it was not very busy, so service was quick.

Two of us ordered the smoked salmon and avocado, a delicious healthy choice we were surprised to find on a pub menu. The soup of the day was hot and very tasteful. The beers to chase it down were all we needed. I mention the soup being hot because in Canada it often arrives lukewarm. I mentioned this to an American server in Glasgow and he laughed and said Scots always want their soup piping hot, must be where I get it from. My wife had always teased me about it.

Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

Visited for a late lunch. Have been before so was as expected. The surroundings are lovely and the history of the place adds to the experience. Fish and a special of lamb were the dishes of choice washed down with a few beers. Overall the food was good for the price and service was friendly. If you are looking for decent pub grub then this is a reliable place to visit. Will be back in sure.

Reviewed 5 September 2016

We had read that this was a good spot for seafood, so popped along for dinner on a Saturday evening. It's a really cosy place and we managed to nab the last available table. Our waitress was really friendly and attentive, and the food was absolutely delicious. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this lovely little restaurant.

Reviewed 5 September 2016

I've been in here a long time ago but it's been totally refurbished since then. I was welcomed by a very friendly waitress who said to sit wherever I wished. Once I sat down she came and took my drinks order while I looked over the menu. I chose the buffalo burger which I must say was very nice. All the staff were very friendly and made me feel welcome. I would recommend here and would return if I was in the area.

Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

I visited this establishment just yesterday to try it for the first time. I had heard very good things! Upon entering we were immediately seated by a lovely woman at the bar, and our drinks order taken care of. Upon their arrival we ordered the food, the beef shin with thyme jus for my partner and the fillet steak for myself. Wait time was fine, no complaints there. The restaurant was quite quiet when we arrived but soon filled up! My partners meal was absolutely exquisite, it almost made me jealous I hadn't had it myself! My steak was cooked to perfection, it fell apart in my mouth. The only criticism I would have is that my salad was quite greasy as a result of its dressing and being underneath the steak. We had the panna cotta for desert and that was gorgeous too. Wasn't that impressed with service after that as we weren't asked once how the meal had been until we had finished it and we never got a refill for our drinks that we finished before the meal had even arrived! However, overall a great experience and will definitely be back. One other thing, whilst I thought our meals were quite reasonable priced, not everything is so maybe something management should improve on?