“Didn't Ignite My Senses! ”
Review of Ignite

Ignite
Ranked #303 of 2,804 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

I ordered a takeaway from here tonight.
It arrived very early, but the driver wasn't exactly friendly.
Mushroom Pilau rice was good, and the Mushroom & Potato Bhaji was nice too. The garlic naan however had never seen garlic in its life, and the chicken tikka massallam was disappointing.
Nothing special at all, and with so much choice in the area Ill be going elsewhere next time!

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 5 September 2018

We moved back to Edinburgh 3 months ago and have been here 5 times already. We walked by late one night and walked in without a booking not sure what to expect, and the food was fantastic and now it's a regular of ours! The staff are fantastic and friendly, and the kitchen know how to use spice perfectly and even though their hottest dishes are certainly hot, it's manageable in a way that it should be in a good quality indian restaurant. We were last here a few days ago and with it only being a 5 minute walk from where we live I can safely say we'll be back often! Highly recommend if you want a good Indian at the West End. They also serve an excellent pint!

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

We were on holiday in Edinburgh and chose this restaurant based on the good reviews. The food was really great, but sadly the service was lacking. We were given the menu on arrival, and after a really long wait my husband had to work hard to get the waiters attention so that we could place our orders. Food arrived after a short wait, and everything was delicious. No complaints there. We then had to work hard yet another time to order more drinks, and at the end of the meal we gave up on getting the waiters attention to get our bill. My husband ended up walking up to the counter to ask for the bill. In my opinion this restaurant was understaffed for a busy Friday night.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

On a 2 month visit to Britain and trying to get my fair share of Indian food. This place has been the best so far. Fantastic service, food and vibe. Nan to die for. Clean. Anyone who gives this place a bad review is either their competitors or on drugs. Thank you Ignite.

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

This random choice restaurant on my way to Haymarket was a very lucky find. The popadoms were fresh, crispy and tasty - and the Jahlfrazy Prawn was the best I have ever encountered. Soft, moist, delicate, aromatic prawns- not the usual bullets. These respectfully steamed creatures from the sea were amazing. Big, scrumptious and flavoursome, I cant fault them or the wonderful sauce. The service was pleasant and the experience was exceptional. Well done, Edinburgh. Grrr from a Glasgow man.