Auld Reekie Apartments
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The Inn on the Mile(Edinburgh)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 November 2015 via mobile

We have stayed Royal Mail apartments for family 6
Location is great but I can not say same for apartment
As you enter the apartment there is strange smell hits you at the main entrance
Apartment is good size but all beds included sofa really uncomfortable. Apartment is just behind station and on main road so very very noisy. There is noway you can sleep night or day
Location is good as you can walk every where, also station is near by.

I would say definitely I was charged high price for what I got

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2015

We spent 3 nights in the Royal Mile Apt 2, a family of 5. I am overall ok with my stay but I would not say I am happy due to the price of the appartment.
Because it is an appartment and not a hotel, witohout the "perks" and "price" of an Airbnb appartment.

1. The location is great. Right on the Royal Mile, 10 minute walk from the train station and main sights.
2. The appartment is roomy, but the sofa bed is TERRIBLE. Anyone who sleeps in it will have back problems or a bad sleeping experience. It is really a 4 person appartment in terms of sleeping.
3. There is a full kitchen but no sugar, salt, oil, and basic groceries, which, for a 3 day stay seems silly to buy (with AirBnB at least you have a basically stocked fridge and pantry for breakfast).
4. The living room + one room along the road have paper thin windows. You can hear people in the street whisper to each other (except they don't whisper.. they talk or shout) and every car passing is like an airplane.

All in all, it was a good experience but given the price paid, we were hoping for a higher standard.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Mathilde C
Reviewed 4 October 2014 via mobile

First: very good location by the Royal mile and plenty of space in the apartment. But: the noise from the street and the nearby pubs made it impossible to sleep. The window glasses were so thin that you could hear people talk normally on the street below. I do also like to be welcommed by the host. We didn't see any host at all. The key were stored in a safe by the door. The price level are way too high compared to what is offered. I will not recommend this apartment.

Stayed: October 2014
Reviewed 22 September 2014 via mobile

This apt is all about location, which we wanted. Right on the royal mile which can't be beat, close to pretty much everything. For that the place is perfect... but some things to know before hand, it is on the 4th floor, allot of steps multiple times a day. The apt is for 4 people, the bedroom had 2 single beds, which are comfortable, but the other bed accommodation is a hide a bed in the living area and not comfortable at all!!! We had to put couch cushions and accent pillows under the sheet to try and get some comfort. The kitchen was great and functional and a good size, there is a clothes washer, but no dryer. But we did find a drying rack in one of the closets. The tv did not work, no matter what we tried and we could not get the phone to work either. Which made ordering a taxi to the airport a challenge. We informed them of these things so hopefully they will be fixed.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mamasmith62
Reviewed 16 September 2014

Stayed with my wife and in-laws in July 2013. I was looking for something where we could have a bit more "family life", since in hotels you usually just go to your rooms and have to agree on a time to meet. These apartments were exactly what we were looking for!
Location is realy good. Not central, but we did not want all the fuss from the centre. It's residential and quiet, and you get to live like the locals do. We took a cab from the train station and arrrived in less than 10 minutes. There were some convenience stores and pubs nearby, nothing major but we were able to do some grocery shopping which was necessary.
The apartment itself was great. Two bedrooms and two bathrooms, a very nice kitchen (fully equipped) and a large, cosy living room where we were able to chat and rest between outings. Everything was good quality, not fancy or trendy at all, but furniture you could have at your home... and it certainly felt like that!
The building is located on a very quiet street bordering Holyrood, where we went hiking one day. From the apartments you could take a short bus or even walk (around 30 mins) to the centre and beyond. We made a light breakfast everyday and usually came back in the evening for regouping before we had dinner. We also liked to have a few night caps when we came back before going to bed.
In short, a delightful stay, and if I ever go to Edinburgh with family or friends again, I will surely consider these apartments first.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family