We spent 3 nights in the Royal Mile Apt 2, a family of 5. I am overall ok with my stay but I would not say I am happy due to the price of the appartment.
Because it is an appartment and not a hotel, witohout the "perks" and "price" of an Airbnb appartment.
1. The location is great. Right on the Royal Mile, 10 minute walk from the train station and main sights.
2. The appartment is roomy, but the sofa bed is TERRIBLE. Anyone who sleeps in it will have back problems or a bad sleeping experience. It is really a 4 person appartment in terms of sleeping.
3. There is a full kitchen but no sugar, salt, oil, and basic groceries, which, for a 3 day stay seems silly to buy (with AirBnB at least you have a basically stocked fridge and pantry for breakfast).
4. The living room + one room along the road have paper thin windows. You can hear people in the street whisper to each other (except they don't whisper.. they talk or shout) and every car passing is like an airplane.
All in all, it was a good experience but given the price paid, we were hoping for a higher standard.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Auld Reekie Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auld Reekie Apartments Edinburgh, Scotland