See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 October 2014 via mobile

First: very good location by the Royal mile and plenty of space in the apartment. But: the noise from the street and the nearby pubs made it impossible to sleep. The window glasses were so thin that you could hear people talk normally on the street below. I do also like to be welcommed by the host. We didn't see any host at all. The key were stored in a safe by the door. The price level are way too high compared to what is offered. I will not recommend this apartment.

Stayed: October 2014
Reviewed 22 September 2014 via mobile

This apt is all about location, which we wanted. Right on the royal mile which can't be beat, close to pretty much everything. For that the place is perfect... but some things to know before hand, it is on the 4th floor, allot of steps multiple times a day. The apt is for 4 people, the bedroom had 2 single beds, which are comfortable, but the other bed accommodation is a hide a bed in the living area and not comfortable at all!!! We had to put couch cushions and accent pillows under the sheet to try and get some comfort. The kitchen was great and functional and a good size, there is a clothes washer, but no dryer. But we did find a drying rack in one of the closets. The tv did not work, no matter what we tried and we could not get the phone to work either. Which made ordering a taxi to the airport a challenge. We informed them of these things so hopefully they will be fixed.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mamasmith62
Reviewed 16 September 2014

Stayed with my wife and in-laws in July 2013. I was looking for something where we could have a bit more "family life", since in hotels you usually just go to your rooms and have to agree on a time to meet. These apartments were exactly what we were looking for!
Location is realy good. Not central, but we did not want all the fuss from the centre. It's residential and quiet, and you get to live like the locals do. We took a cab from the train station and arrrived in less than 10 minutes. There were some convenience stores and pubs nearby, nothing major but we were able to do some grocery shopping which was necessary.
The apartment itself was great. Two bedrooms and two bathrooms, a very nice kitchen (fully equipped) and a large, cosy living room where we were able to chat and rest between outings. Everything was good quality, not fancy or trendy at all, but furniture you could have at your home... and it certainly felt like that!
The building is located on a very quiet street bordering Holyrood, where we went hiking one day. From the apartments you could take a short bus or even walk (around 30 mins) to the centre and beyond. We made a light breakfast everyday and usually came back in the evening for regouping before we had dinner. We also liked to have a few night caps when we came back before going to bed.
In short, a delightful stay, and if I ever go to Edinburgh with family or friends again, I will surely consider these apartments first.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

We were located on the Royal Mile which was fantastic. We were only in Edinburgh for a couple of days so it was nice be so close to everything. Since we were there on a weekend, we were able to park for free just around the corner. The parking is free until 8:00am Monday morning and with an early flight, this was not a problem. There is also a pay parking garage very close any other time. Finding the location was interesting, but we had done a google map street view of the address they sent so we could get an idea of where we were going. There is a restaurant right beside the apartment's entrance which is a good landmark. At least on the weekend, we were able to park right out front to unload and load and then moved our car one street over because walking the city is very easy from this location. We were pleasantly surprised once we finally got into the apartment after some lock box issues. There are two boxes and the black one is the one that goes with the apartment not the beige one. The apartment was really big compared to some of the other places we had stayed during our vacation. The pull out sofa sleeper is very, very uncomfortable, so if you have back problems, make sure you take one of the twin beds. The twin beds were very good. We actually booked this place not only because of the location but because we needed the washing machine. There isn't soap for the machine included, but I knew this because I had emailed the owner before we left. The owners are very responsive to email. I knew how many loads I would be doing while we were gone, so I just brought those Tide pod things while in the states and had them in my luggage ready to go when we arrived in Edinburgh. The pods did fine in the luggage, but I did put them in a seal-tight bag just in case they did burst in flight. As mentioned in the title, there are a lot of stairs with no lift that we could determine. The stairs are very difficult and would not be recommended for anyone with issues with climbing while carrying things. The other issue with the stairs is that the hobo or homeless folks somehow get in and then sleep, pee and smoke under the stairs. We typically let my daughter be pretty independent while we travel, but the hobo made me nervous and my daughter and I made sure that either my son or my husband was with us when going up and down from the street to the apartment. I'm sure they were harmless and we were never approached, but it still gave me pause and I didn't like it very much. The door to the apartment has a lock and they shouldn't be able to get in, but the were there every morning during our stay. Vagrants are part of city living though, so this shouldn't be held against the apartment, just something to be aware of if you are by yourself or have young kids. The final thing I wanted to mention is the street noise. It is there, yes, but just bring earplugs and you will be good. You cannot beat the location. In fact, everything goes right past the apartment doors...airport bus, city bus and even ghost tours! It's a pretty neat place as long as you can overlook the climb, hobo under the stairs and street noise.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

First read about this cottage so you know which apartment/cottage you are booking. The title is a bit misleading. We knew that this cottage was a little way out of the city so we had no surprises. Good bus service, £1.50 into the city centre or £10.00 for a cab. 5min walk to the local co-op stocking all the essentials. Three separate sleeping areas with comfy beds, one area with two single bedrooms. The attic is a ballroom! Quiet location but virtually no parking but we gleaned this from the website, so again no surprises; we didn't have a car anyway. The cooker was big with five gas rings; the grill was fine but the oven was "iffy", didn't seem to want to go higher than 150. Plenty of crockery, but as with all rentals a SHARP knife was nowhere to-be-found!
We stayed six days during the Commonwealth Games and the price was reasonable and facilities were good.
There is a small rear garden with a table & chairs (albeit they were in need of a coat of varnish).
The FREE WiFi was first class so we could keep in touch with all the games events and bus/rail times.