“Good dinner”

Otro
Ranked #122 of 2,851 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$13 - US$32
Neighbourhood: West End
Description: From the team behind New Chapter, a restaurant in the heart of Edinburgh's West End serving our take on classic brasserie-style dishes.
Reviewed 13 September 2018

Otro has a lovely decor and a great waitstaff. We ordered the Shetland mussels in bourbon & smoked paprika sauce, and they were the stars of the evening. The mussels were sweet & smokey with just the perfect texture! For the main course, I had the roasted whole sea bass, peas à la française, minted Jersey Royal potatoes & chorizo, and my husband had a steak. They both were good, but not great.

Date of visit: September 2018
NewChapterOtro, Manager at Otro, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Dear 366Leigh,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you loved our mussels. I will pass your comments to our kitchen team. Hopefully we will be able to host you back again.

Warm Regards,
Team Otro

Reviewed 13 September 2018

This is a lovely restaurant in the west end of Edinburgh, very handy for Haymarket Station. We went on a Sunday, specifically for the Sunday lunch menu, and it was delicious. At £19.50 for two courses, this is excellent value. We kicked off with a lovely cocktail before a really delicious meal.

The smoked salmon starter was wonderful, and the roast beef was first class! Wine list was very reasonable and the service was excellent.

Date of visit: August 2018

Dear Lesley08_12,

Thank you very much for your email. We are delighted to hear that you had great experience during your last visit to Otro Restaurant for Sunday Roast. Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back very soon.

Warm Regards,
Team Otro

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

The food was really good, but unfortunately that’s all I can say! The waitress we had was EXTREMELY rude, demanding we order from the “lunch time” graduation menu, at 8pm. Refused to give us the main menu because we were too many, yet the menu was the reason I picked Otro. Her attitude towards me even made me cry at one point, when I went outside for some air she demanded I come in and order completely ignoring the fact I was in tears. When the bill arrived we were charged for the “dinner menu” which was £10 pp more and even charged us for desserts we didn’t receive because they “ran out”. If it’s a special occasion, I would recommend definitely NOT otro!!!! They ruined my special day and had all my wonderful family upset and disappointed. After we emailed feedback, as both my parents and I are in the service industry, the reply my mother received was NOT an apology in the slightest but poor excuses for their lazy, rude staff. If only they did take away, because as I said the food was amazing, but the staff were absolutely awful!

Date of visit: May 2018
2  Thank 888mirandaw
Reviewed 10 September 2018

We were given this restaurant's name by our hotel the Chester Residence. It was a short walk and was nicely done. The staff really wants you to have an outstanding visit. Meal was very good.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We visited Otro for a 60th Birthday Celebration. We were in a big group and the staff were excellent. Prompt and polite service throughout! They were very accomodating to a large group and assited in the birthday cake being brought out and taking some photos for us.
The food was excellent, smoked haddock chowder was my favourite and I would definately return.

Date of visit: September 2018