“Good dinner”

Otro
Ranked #125 of 2,774 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$13 - US$33
Neighbourhood: West End
Description: From the team behind New Chapter, a restaurant in the heart of Edinburgh's West End serving our take on classic brasserie-style dishes.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Otro has a lovely decor and a great waitstaff. We ordered the Shetland mussels in bourbon & smoked paprika sauce, and they were the stars of the evening. The mussels were sweet & smokey with just the perfect texture! For the main course, I had the roasted whole sea bass, peas à la française, minted Jersey Royal potatoes & chorizo, and my husband had a steak. They both were good, but not great.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a lovely restaurant in the west end of Edinburgh, very handy for Haymarket Station. We went on a Sunday, specifically for the Sunday lunch menu, and it was delicious. At £19.50 for two courses, this is excellent value. We kicked off with a lovely cocktail before a really delicious meal.

The smoked salmon starter was wonderful, and the roast beef was first class! Wine list was very reasonable and the service was excellent.

1  Thank Lesley08_12
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The food was really good, but unfortunately that’s all I can say! The waitress we had was EXTREMELY rude, demanding we order from the “lunch time” graduation menu, at 8pm. Refused to give us the main menu because we were too many, yet the menu was the reason I picked Otro. Her attitude towards me even made me cry at one point, when I went outside for some air she demanded I come in and order completely ignoring the fact I was in tears. When the bill arrived we were charged for the “dinner menu” which was £10 pp more and even charged us for desserts we didn’t receive because they “ran out”. If it’s a special occasion, I would recommend definitely NOT otro!!!! They ruined my special day and had all my wonderful family upset and disappointed. After we emailed feedback, as both my parents and I are in the service industry, the reply my mother received was NOT an apology in the slightest but poor excuses for their lazy, rude staff. If only they did take away, because as I said the food was amazing, but the staff were absolutely awful!

2  Thank Miranda W
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We were given this restaurant's name by our hotel the Chester Residence. It was a short walk and was nicely done. The staff really wants you to have an outstanding visit. Meal was very good.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We visited Otro for a 60th Birthday Celebration. We were in a big group and the staff were excellent. Prompt and polite service throughout! They were very accomodating to a large group and assited in the birthday cake being brought out and taking some photos for us.
The food was excellent, smoked haddock chowder was my favourite and I would definately return.