Just spent 4 nights in this hotel, which we found through TripAdvisor. We chose it partly because it is so close to Waverley Station and Princes St. It was a perfect choice, even more so because we were upgraded to a superior room for free. Nearly all the 4 star hotels in Edinburgh are expensive, but you get what you pay for. A well furnished room, with high end fittings in the bathroom. Deep tub and massive walk-in shower. Excellent, comfortable beds and good pillows. ( They quickly changed my feather pillows for non-allergenic ones.) Double glazed windows meant no sound at all from outside, and friends on a lower floor said that applied to their room too. A massive 42 inch TV, and in our room, an iPod dock and DVD player.
We ate twice in the restaurant, on their early evening menu. Limited choice, but freshly cooked and good ingredients. (£16.50 for 3 courses. £12.50 for 2.) There is also a large, comfortable bar area for light snacks and drinks, open throughout the day, but it is a bit chilly.
My one criticism, which applies I think to all these large hotels, is that breakfast is not included. At £15 we guess this is aimed at the business traveller on expenses. There is a cafe two doors down, or you can eat in the St James Mall just behind the hotel. We used the restaurant in John Lewis.
Staff at the hotel were all extremely friendly and helpful. We would certainly go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the city centre to the East of Princes Street, this historic building combines traditional features with contemporary style. This four star deluxe hotel has 186 stylish en-suite rooms with widescreen LCD TV, large desk, free Wi-Fi and local calls, ground coffee and selected teas, luxury toiletries, iron and ironing board. Other facilities include Elliot's Bar and Restaurant, Events space for up to 184, and a Spa. The spa's pool, sauna and gym are free to guests and a range of Elemis spa treatments can be booked in the single and couples treatment rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Apex Waterloo Place Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex Waterloo Place Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex Waterloo Place
- Apex Waterloo Place Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland