Booked for a very short break with my family. Needed 2 rooms which we asked to be adjacent, and they were, although there are interconnecting rooms, which I would have requested had I known.
We arrived VERY early, but the hotel kept our bag in their luggage room so that we could explore Edinburgh. The hotel is very convenient for all the major city sights and we walked to the Castle, Princes Street, Holyrood/Dynamic Earth with ease.
The hotel itself is exactly what you would expect of a HI Express. It is modern and clean, and the rooms had all the necessary facilities, as well as pay-per-view movies which, at £8.50 a time, were as expensive as I anticipated. Saying that, there was a good choice of family films etc. We had 2 rooms where the sofas were converted into beds. There isn't a whole lot of room when there are 2 doubles in there, but it certainly didn't feel cramped. There is very little storage if you want to unpack, but I think these hotels are really designed for shorter stays anyway, so it wasn't a problem for us.
There was a little bar. with a reasonable choice of drinks, and the complimentary breakfast was excellent. It was buffet style, and had both a hot and cold choice, plus it was frequently refreshed. The eating area (I wouldn't call it a restaurant!) was small, but there was a sign warning patrons when the busy times tended to be.
The staff were very friendly and the check in/ out was efficient. Also, they kept our bag for us after we checked out so that, again, we could explore without lugging a hold-all.
All-in-all, it was a very comfortable stay and we will definitely use it again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Edinburgh city centre budget hotels don't come any better than the Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh-Royal Mile hotel, Edinburgh's only Express hotel with air conditioned guestrooms. There's FREE Wi-Fi internet access in the public areas and cabled access in the guestrooms plus an extensive complimentary hot breakfast buffet too - this Edinburgh budget hotel is sure to be a popular choice! As the name suggests Edinburgh's newest superior budget hotel is located in Edinburgh's quaint Old Town, just moments from the historic Royal Mile, Waverley Train Station and internationally renowned attractions such as Edinburgh Castle, Holyrood Palace, Scottish Parliament Building, Princes Street and more. For sports fans the Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh-Royal Mile hotel is within easy reach of Murrayfield Stadium, home of Scottish Rugby, as well as Hearts Football Club & Hibernian Football Club. For meetings in Edinburgh our fully equipped, air conditioned meeting room can accommodate up to 40 delegates. Thanks to our FREE Wi-Fi internet access delegates meeting in Edinburgh can keep in touch while on the go! Our location is perfect for delegates attending the Edinburgh International Conference Centre. NCP Car park 3 mins walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Royal Mile reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh
- Express Edinburgh Royal Mile
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Royal Mile Scotland