“Don't miss this little gem”

Weston Tavern & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 117 Restaurants in Kilmarnock
Price range: US$4 - US$32
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Weston Tavern was originally the Kilmaurs manse, Today the historic old building has been transformed with great care and consideration into a beautiful classic country pub and restaurant, where you can be sure to find a friendly and enjoyable experience. In the bar Relax in the Weston's genuine rustic interior, with its dark stone floor and thick, warm walls, wood features, soft furnishings and a heart-warming wood-burning fire. Through in the restaurant the Weston's rustic theme continues, with cosy seating and beautifully appointed tables offering a truly relaxing and enjoyable dining experience.
Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

Lovely food and a relaxed, welcoming atmosphere. Friendly, efficient staff. If you find yourself nearby don't miss out on this atmospheric restaurant and bar.

Date of visit: November 2018
JohnC15299, Owner at Weston Tavern & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hey

Thank you for leaving us a 5* review, I'm pleased that you found my wee Tavern & Restaurant Relaxed, Welcoming, Friendly and that my team were efficient. We hope to see you back at the Weston in the near future.

Reviewed 5 November 2018

Dined here on a groupon deal , ordered steak pie and fish , both dishes were good but we both felt choices were limited on this menu .Staff were friendly and attentive. Will probably return again to try the alacarte menu next time we are in Ayrshire .

Hi Teresa

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It is pleasing to read that you enjoyed both of your main dishes that were included in the Groupon Deal that you purchased. I am also very happy that my team was friendly and attentive.

We hope to see you are back at the Weston when your next in Ayrshire

Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

We found ourselves in the restaurant on grill night, which is 40% off steaks on a Tuesday. The fillet steak was great - really tender and perfectly cooked. The fish and chips were great too.
Unfortunately the desserts were let down by poor quality ice cream, which tasted cheap and like it had been partially defrosted, and crepes that were rubbery.
Would go back but skip the desserts.

Date of visit: October 2018
JohnC15299, Owner at Weston Tavern & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

Hi Richard,
First of all we thank you for taking the time to do a review, and are glad you enjoyed your fillet steak. We appreciate all feedback good and bad and use this to improve our service.. All our food is sourced locally and cooked fresh to order, which I'm sure you will agree enhances the flavour. As for your desserts; we are sorry these did not meet with your approval on this occasion, and are glad you will not let it put you off dining with us again. Rest assured I will inform our Chefs and other staff at the next staff meeting about your review and disappointing desserts.

Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

Had a really good experience on Tuesday evening, 16th October in The Western Tavern. We were met and looked after by Caitlyn who was excellent from start to finish. She is a credit to The Weston and herself. Food was 10/10 and I would recommend the Surf and turf with King Scallops. Looking forward to going back soon. We eat out alot in Ayrshire and and I would put the Weston Tavern in the top five.
Craig and Theresa, Kilmarnock.

Date of visit: October 2018
JohnC15299, Owner at Weston Tavern & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2018

Hi Craig,
First of all thank you for the 5* review, we are so glad that you enjoyed your visit to our family friendly restaurant. We constantly try to improve our standards and also the service we provide to our customers, our food is sourced locally and cooked fresh to order which I'm sure you will agree adds to the flavour. I will let Caitlyn and also the rest of he staff know about your great review, hope to see you again soon.
John

Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

Visited 3 weeks ago as my Sister was here from Canada. Can only say what great service. Fantastic menu and wonderfully warm cheerful staff. Very attentive but not overwhelming. The bar is pet friendly and so welcoming too. Staff and customers alike so nice. It was as if they’d known us already and the wee dog in the bar had the “waggiest friendliest personality and so well behaved. Would recommend the Weston to anyone. A great experience. May I also mention whilst in the restaurant there were two ladies at another table whom I overheard say they’d enjoyed their meal and had never left disappointed. This is a true complement. So well done to the Weston. John Cairns and all the staff. May your good fortune never stop. Hope to call again very soon.

Date of visit: September 2018

Hi Sandra,
Thank you very much for the 5* review, we at the Weston work as part of a team and are so glad you enjoyed your dining experience with us. We have lots of returning customers some living locally and others further afield, but I think your sister is the furthest travelled to date; this is indeed a tribute to the good food which is sourced locally and cooked fresh to order and to staff who are like family providing a professional but friendly welcome to one and all even dogs. I will let them know how much you enjoyed your visit and hope now that you have been once you will not be a stranger and visit us again some time soon.
John