All reviews belted galloway wood burning stove sitting room yogurt joe sheep cattle scotland
Reviewed 5 July 2015

I had a wonderful time at Low Kirkbride Farm. A warm welcome with tea and homebaking and a walk around the farm to meet the animals. Breakfast in the kitchen was great. Beautiful room with a lovely view over the fields. The farm is beautifully located in the rustic and restful countryside.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 June 2015

My daughter, grandson and myself have just spent a great relaxing weekend at Low Kirkbride Farm. The Cheese House was 'home from home'. The one bedroom cottage had everything that we needed and the views & countryside were fabulous. We didn't get the best of weather but this did not spoil our break. Our hosts were attentive without being intrusive and obviously care very much for their farm and animals. A thoroughly enjoyable experience and highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2015

Beautifully located farmhouse B&B. Deliciously light sponge cake and tea on arrival. Beautiful views from our room overlooking the surrounding valley and hills. Fantastic cooked breakfast and a spectacular walk to the striding arches (a car drive away)made for a perfect stopover on our way to Skye.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2015

I booked a 3-day stay very much at the last minute, I wanted somewhere near to Thornhill and just took a chance on Low Kirkbride farm. Not being overly familiar with the area, I had little idea what to expect, but I shall keep my use of superlatives concise to get in as many as I can, but primarily the whole stay was unbelievable value for money. I was greeted on arrival with coffee and cakes which I enjoyed in the large lounge by the open fire. Probably the best night's sleep in an unfamiliar bed I've ever had. The shower was superb, hot and powerful, better than I have at home! The view from the room over the fields and hills was breathtaking. And when it came to breakfast in the farmhouse dining room, well, it set me up for the whole day and Zan makes the best poached eggs ever! One "extra" I've never encountered before was the provision of a pair of binoculars in the room for guests to take out with them during their stay. I'm writing this review a few weeks after my first stay, having already returned a second time. It won't be my last.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 2 April 2015

This farm surpassed all expectations. The family were wonderful, friendly and approachable. The cheese house is quaint, warm and with everything required to ensure an enjoyable stay. I was fortunate enough to be staying during the lambing season and was able to help feed the lambs that required it.
I will most definitely return, next time with my niece and nephew. The views are stunning with many walks.
A must stay if you are looking for accommodation in Dumfries.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo