All reviewslovely quiet streetnew venturedecorated to a very high standardpre orderhome from homea great staybed and breakfastnext morningtown centrestayed herenigglehuntingtonpropertyfacilitiesaccommodationscotlandshower
Reviewed 29 March 2018

I stayed here as a last minute thing...booked in for a one night stay by the Company at which I was working.

The owner Freda Thompson welcomed us into the Huntingdon, an immaculate and tastefully restored building despite our somewhat dishevelled and scruffy end of work day appearance. The facilities were demonstrated in a friendly and professional manner after which I concluded the ‘feel’ of the Huntingdon is more that of a Hotel than a B&B.

A short walk into Dumfries town centre offered several evening meal and pub options.
The stylish rooms provide superb accommodation featuring quality decor, beds and bathroom fittings with absolutely nothing to criticise.
An early start forced us to miss breakfast...a great shame. I’m sure I missed another treat.

The Huntingdon is definitely going on to my favourites list and I look forward to staying again soon. Freda offers superb accommodation and good value. The three ‘chain hotel’ rooms in which we had lodged the evening before cost 25% less than the Huntingdon however the difference in quality and ambience proved huge.

Well done to Freda and her team.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Tim_Ashton
Reviewed 18 March 2018

I stayed here for one night for a business trip and the hostess was so delightful, helpful, and accommodating. The room was gorgeous, very well decorated and comfortable. Breakfast was delicious. Highly recommend

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for an overnight and it is perfect. Everything you need, spotlessly clean, welcoming and an excellent breakfast.
You really won’t go wrong with this b&b....oh and the shower is unreal!!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 January 2018

We stayed at Huntingdonin early December 2017 and it is quite simply the nicest B & B we have ever stayed in. The owner, Freda, clearly loves her business and is extremely kind and accomodating. They literally granted our every request and took great care with us, nothing was too much trouble. The breakfasts were the best I have ever had at a hotel or B & B. The property itself is stunning and has been decorated to a very high standard, it is gorgeous and very comfortable. The location is excellent, it is very central but in a quiet part of Dumfries. I can't wait to stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 January 2018

The Huntingdon B&B has been renovated to a very high standard and kept most of the original features. The facilities was of high quality, lovely large comfy bed with great shower in the en-suite. Freda the host was very friendly and served up a great breakfast with a good selection.

Would definitely recommend, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple