Lowest prices for your stay
US$68
SAVE US$5
Hotels.comUS$68
eDreamsUS$64
FindHotelUS$68
All reviews bar downstairs bunk room self catering kitchen guest house sea view top floor pleasant stay stayed for one night oban bay lovely view yogurt honesty jar dans facilities fridge accommodation
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 June 2017

We had a very nice stay in Corran House. The hostel is clean and welcoming, the people working there are willing to help and to advise about Oban. Very well located, we've been able to visit as much as we wanted to!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2017

I was hesitant to stay in a hostel w/my family (I'd done the hostel route in my young 20's many moons ago). I wanted affordable accommodation, and this place far exceeded my expectations for myself, husband, and two kids--12 and 10. This was the nicest hostel I've ever stayed in. It was clean, comfortable, and has the most amazing Seaview location in Oban. The "honesty jar" breakfast facilities are perfect. My family of 4 LOVED this hostel and would recommend it again and again. There's a good quality local pub downstairs, too, that welcomed us with the kids till 10.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2017

The beds were very comfortable, the room was clean and looked nice too. The ensuite bathroom was in very good condition with new appliances including a roomier stall shower than most. The house is also in a prime spot. Right on the water and just a short walk to the main front street of Oban. We didn't use the common room or kitchen but they seemed nice too. We only stayed one night but would've liked to stay and enjoy Oban a little more.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 June 2017

When we got to the B&B the receptionist was very friendly in welcoming us. We stayed in the room above the pub so the receptionist gave us both ear plugs for our stay. This was very nice. The room was really clean and the beds were very comfortable.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed at this place on 18/06/2017. At 2am someone (with a key) tried to enter our room. The establishment keeps telling us we "must be mistaken " and won't take responsibility. We cannot recommend it at all.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Meander673596
Lindsay M, Front Office Manager at Corran House Guest House & Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

We didn't tell you that you must be mistaken it is quite possible someone was at your door with a key as we already said. However the key would be for their own room not yours. We also said we thought they would be at the wrong door as you seemed adamant they were there to commit an offence which we think is nonsense. I'm not sure why you see this as a reason not to recommend us but that's your decision.