“Highly Recommend This Little Gem”
Review of The Hawthorn Restaurant - CLOSED

The Hawthorn Restaurant
Price range: US$14 - US$35
Cuisines: Scottish, British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Enjoy fresh, seasonal, local produce in a peaceful countryside setting. The Restaurant is located in the village of Benderloch, 9 miles north of Oban.
Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

We went to this lovely little restaurant near Oban to celebrate my daughter's birthday. The food was delicious, the service excellent, the staff very friendly and the price reasonable taking account of the high quality all round. Happy to recommend.....well worth a visit.

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

4 of us dining. Agreed it was probably the second best meal we've ever had in Scotland. I had the steak which was superb, others had lamb and salmon also very happy with their meals. Worth every star of a 5 star rating.

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

We recently returned to this area after a ten year absence and it was with some caution that we returned to the Hawthorn as we had fond memories and wondered had it changed?
The setting was the same, the building was the same and the warm friendly welcome was reassuringly the same. However, we think the food has improved. It was always good, but we think it's now more accomplished. We enjoyed it so much that we cancelled a reservation at a nearby hotel restaurant as we preferred the Hawthorn and during our stay we ate at the Hawthorn several times and each time we tried something new. We were never disappointed. The front of house ladies were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable and the ambience was relaxed and friendly. The menu is comprehensive, as is the wine list. It is popular and caters for all ages and we would recommend you book to secure a table. We highly recommend this little gem and feel sure you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank NORMA M
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

We booked a table for my mums 70th birthday and was not dissapointed. The restaurant was lovely and homely and staff very friendly. The menu was varied and reasonably priced. The scallop tempura and crab souffle was a wonderful start to steak and lamb for a main. The sticky toffee pudding for dessert made the dinner.

Defo worth a visit. Wont be dissapointed!

Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

Have just finished dinner here, and I have to say one of the best meals I have eaten in a long tine. There were 3 of us and we each had different starters, mains and desserts and every dish was superb. Couple of examples, the venison I had for my main was cooked to perfection, the Strawberry parfait my wife had was gorgeous.

It wasn't cheap, but for quality like this, it's worth every penny. Cannot recommend highly enough.

1  Thank Rob T