eDreams
All reviews large kitchen living room hostel sink laundry corridor
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 February 2017

Clean, comfortable, warm. Very colourful, which makes everything feel cheery and welcoming. Large kitchen with several stove tops and ovens and dishes. Excellent location. Nicest hostel I've stayed in.

Room tip: The room heated up nicely once I realized I had to turn the heaters on.
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Tsina-mc, deputy manager at Backpackers Plus, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2017

Thank Laura for your kind review!
Hope to see you again some day!

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

I travelled on a Haggis tour with a friend and we booked a private room. The private rooms were clean but too big to be heated by the heater the room properly so it was quite cold. The toilets and showers were also not in the room they were floor down. This was very annoying. I feel when you pay for a private room you should get private facilitators. If not, at least a toilet on your level. The private rooms are also housed in a different building to reception. Overall good for one night but just inconvenient as a whole.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
BackpackersPlus, Owner at Backpackers Plus, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2017

Hello Caitlin and thank you for the review. I'm sorry you weren't in the sort of room you wanted - we have a number of rooms with their own private facilities so I'm not quite sure how you weren't booked into one of those. What you say about the heating is worrying! I'm just wondering if it was not turned on in that room or only partially on - either way I can only apologise. The rooms certainly aren't meant to be cold! If you come again I hope we can do better. Best wishes and I do hope you enjoyed your tour overall.

Reviewed 4 December 2016

Stayed as part of a tour group. Very friendly atmosphere in this quirky hostel. Rooms were spacious, had a comfortable sleep, the showers worked well. Good kitchen and choice of facilities. Close to everything you want to get to.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
BackpackersPlus, Manager at Backpackers Plus, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2016

Hi Elizabeth,
Thanks for the lovely review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again one day.

Reviewed 23 October 2016

What a great place to stay in! Friendly staff, very nice rooms, free breakfast! Highly recommended! We really enjoyed staying there as a family! I wish we could have stayed there longer than just one night.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
BackpackersPlus, Manager at Backpackers Plus, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2016

Thanks for your lovely review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us so much. Hope to see you again one day!

Reviewed 14 October 2016

Booked 2 dorm beds last minute. Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean rooms, kitchen and living area, bathrooms. Great price for one night stay, including breakfast (toast and cereals) and hot drinks! Mattress a little on the thin side, but can't complain for the price!

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
BackpackersPlus, Owner at Backpackers Plus, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2016

Thank you for the feedback and we're glad you enjoyed your stay. We enjoyed you being here as well. Come back soon!