“Best Balti I’ve had”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Went there last week,having driven past it earlier in the day.
Have to say that from the outside,it doesn’t look particularly appealing,but don’t let that fool you because the food is delicious.

My partner had the chicken tikka masala which was fantastic. I had a Lamb Balti,which was absolutely lovely.

If you are in Oban,which is a pleasure in itself,you fancy a curry,you’d be silly not to go to the Taj Mahal. You won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

We found the Taj Mahal whilst staying in Oban and visited for a curry. I have to say the visit was exceptional and I couldn't fault the place!

Whilst the outside of the building is quite unassuming, the inside is very nicely decorated and spacious.

The service was excellent, speedy, informative and genuine.

The choices were very good and reasonably priced.

The vegetable madras I had was the best curry I have ever had!

If we venture back to Oban we will definitely visit again. I can't recommend the place enough.

Reviewed 2 June 2018

Two excellent meals here in the space of 10 days. Excellent food but the portions are huge so you need an appetite.

Reviewed 23 May 2018

A group of seven of us paid this place a visit as it was very close to our accomodation. Everyone had a different meal and all agreed that the quality and quantity of the meals were excellent. Service was quick and staffs attention to diners was first class. Definately a place worth recommending.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

myself and 3 friends had our evening meal here .
Everyone enjoyed there food lots of choice and good service.