Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
TravelocityUS$94
CheapTicketsUS$94
ZenHotels.comUS$114
1,343 results
All reviews lounge bar buffet style ferry terminal car parking bed and breakfast breakfast was excellent town centre harbour heating wee
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 May 2018

Hotel car park is small (aprox 10/12 cars) so you have to be lucky to get one.Room was exceptionally small for a double room. No room to swing a cat.Standard of cleanliness was average. The bathroom was clean,carpets hoovered,tables and tv polished. But look further it was poor, the windows werent cleaned and had an awful amount of dust all up the side wall. Dust was also clinging to the walls in corners. Stain on the ceiling from historic leak that needs to painted. Down to the bar to order food an drinks,oh dear,cash only. Card machine in bits. Had a starter and was ok but then waited for 40mins for fish and chips to arrive. terrible service. All whilst listening to terrible background music. Upon leaving informed reception about cleanliness issue and she took our mobile to show manager. Response was that House keeping will be informed. But mngr couldnt be bothered to come out and apologizes in person or offer a refund or free drink. Poor show. Value for money not.

Room tip: Go to a Travelodge...
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank jason Paul B
John H, Manager at Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Dear Sir.

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us here at the Royal Hotel.

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback, can I ask that you email me your booking details when convenient, so I can investigate the comments further.

Our email is royalobanmanager@strathmorehotels.com

Thank you , I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards
Joseph Darrah
Assistant Manager

Reviewed 15 May 2018

Got a really cool, albeit chilly, room at the top of the hotel. Decent size room and bathroom. Would definately stay here again. Nice food both for evening meal and breakfast. I thought i had reviewed this hotel before but it appears not.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

This hotel is a disgrace for the expensive £155 pound s night tarrif ... single room single bed ... miniature tv dated dirty bathroom dated dirty room ... absolute shambles ..... never ever be back an embarrassment to Oban,

Trip type: Travelled on business
John H, Manager at Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us here at the Royal Hotel.

Our email is royalobanmanager@strathmorehotels.com

Thank you , I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards

Chris Russell
Assistant Manager

Reviewed 14 May 2018

We arrived late from an island ferry and the hotel was only a moment from the pier. Our twin room was comfortable, clean and had a view of the sunset over Kerrera. We had drinks in the hotel and all the staff we encountered were helpful and friendly. We enjoyed our stay and would recommend.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

We have been going to this hotel for a few years. Our room was lovely and clean and airy, bathroom was also lovely. Only problem there was no chicken on the evening meal menu for any of the nights and I don't really like meat. But apart from that we really had a lovely time. I would give the Royal a five star thumps up.

Room tip: Room 208 is nice and quiet
Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple