All reviews lismore room guest house scallops breakfast menu is lovely couple brilliant stay short walk from the centre varied choice rooms are beautiful lovely hosts home from home packed breakfast recommend staying here quiet location fantastic breakfast a wonderful place to stay other guests
Reviewed 9 April 2018

My family and I stayed at High Cliff Guest House at the start of a brief tour of the Hebrides. I can say without hype or overstatement that it was the best experience of hospitality we have ever had in Scotland. Maureen and her family were friendly, fun, always happy to help, and the service and decor was outstanding. I can not recommend it highly enough.

Room Tip: All rooms are gorgeous.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed at High Cliff Guest House for 3 nights for New Year. The house is located only 10 min walk from the centre and there is outdoor parking space. The room was clean and cosy, always nice and warm.
The breakfast was a choice of different homemade traditional Scottish meal with potato scones, scallops, black pudding or even fresh fish. The host were really friendly and made us feel like home.
We will definitely come back to this place next time we stay in Oban.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2018

Room was clean and comfortable. It is 10 mins walk from ferry terminal. Generous packed breakfast was optionally provided as our ferry was early morning. Also kindly gave us good tip for doing options.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 22 February 2018

What a gem this place is! A beautifully restored house a very short walk from the centre in a quiet location with friendly hosts. Room was comfortable and well appointed and the breakfast is breathtaking - I had scallops one days and smoked haddock the other, all sourced in Oban. Beautifully cooked and good, decent, Scottish portions!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

First came here 2011.
Had a lovely time.
Had the sweetest wee dog who liked sausages.
Have returned for another stay and still as impressed as I was the first time.
Breakfast menu is top notch
Can't recommend this guest house enough.
I have noticed some pretty negative reviews on here and to be honest I can't really see where they are coming from.
My advice is to visit and see for yourself.
We will be back again and again.
Keep up the good work.