“Fabulous”

Samphire Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Inveraray
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Seafood restaurant using fresh locally sourced fish, meats and game.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I am still dreaming of the fish stew special. Probably the best fish meal I've ever had. All perfect. Service was lovely, the waiting staff were friendly, chatty and everything seemed to arrive at the right time. We had langoustines, scallops, fish stew and fish pie. All perfect!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Had a wonderful meal again. The rhubarb and custard dessert was especially excellent.
My piece of advice is if you are planning to eat here check the road closures at Strone point on A83. We fortunately were able to alter our reservation. These roadworks have been going on for some time. If we had kept to our original reservation we would have ended up driving to Cairndow via Crainlarich.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The West Coast seems so quiet this Easter! No need to book, good Queen Scallops washed down with Fyne Ales "Jarg", followed by Fish Pie and Mussels with fries. All good but you only need the 400g portion of mussels! Great food, service and price. Thank you

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Popped in 5 mins before closing on Sunday afternoon and they could not have been more welcoming! Service was swift. .food was lovely. Seafood stew was delish with a NZ sauv blanc. Definitely recommend if you are nearby.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Nipped over to Inveraray whilst visit Dunoon to do the usual touristy things however I had another agenda to try this highly recommended restaurant. We turned up today without a booking and were lucky to get squeezed in as it was initially fully booked and whilst we ate people were turned away as it was too busy this itself tells you how good it is.

We weren’t disappointed the food was delicious and ample portion size the battered haddock was light and tasty with a to die for crispy batter, I eat fish 4/5 a week both at home and eating out and this was one of the tastiest battered haddock I have tasted. My wife had the burger which was also delicious, we had the squid and bread for starts again all very tasty. The staff are very polite and helpful and offer and excellent service book a table believe me you won’t be disappointed I will return regardless of the distance it was that good :-)