See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

The room was the cheapest I could get in Montrose at the time I booked so very reasonably priced. Nice old building with big rooms and windows. Nice view from our room. Rooms are clean and well maintained. Decor is a bit dated but rooms are comfortable. Was a bit cold at night. Probably because the rooms are big. Town centre location was handy for going out but did get a bit noisy because it was Saturday night. Staff are lovely. Very child friendly too.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2016

I endorse what RFAMedic1 says. My wife and I had an excellent week-end in the Carlton Hotel. Graeme and Natalie were delightful hosts. Breakfast was all we wanted; the room was warm, comfortable and cosy (as was the rest of the hotel). Our room was ready, although we were early, and there was no problem at all about us leaving our cases 'til nearer the time for our train, so that we did not have to drag them with us as we explored more of the town. It was a magic stay, enhanced by the owners of the Carlton Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2016

Great hotel right in the centre of town and handy for everything, just the place to stay for Petrofac courses. The owners Graeme and Natalie cant do enough for you all you have to do is ask.
The room may be basic but it was clean quiet and comfortable with all the usual amenities. Certainly be back for the next course

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank RFAMedic1
Reviewed 23 February 2015 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights and cannot find any faults whatsoever, Graham the owner is a top bloke and a very conscientious person he is very helpful and a down to earth hard working individual, he even offered to take me to my course venue early in the morning which I found far outwith What What he needed to do, just a really good person, the breakfast was exceptional and the room and service great, i cannot speak highly enough of the whole stay at the Carlton Hotel, i have stayed at hundreds of hotels in Aberdeen over the years and my company and myself have paid well over what the Carlton charges and received much less than this place gives as the norm, i will request that i am booked here anytime i am in Montrose and also any of my colleagues, it's just a pity Graham couldn't move his hotel to Aberdeen where he could earn what he deserves and show some of the top hotels how to do it right instead of them ripping customers off because they can, it's such a shame that Aberdeen because of its location can manipulate and profit by the oil companies and genuine people like Graham struggle to survive and give far superior service to his customers. Thanks Graham thoroughly enjoyed my stay with you.
Tony.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Suton81
Reviewed 18 February 2015

we booked a meal at night for 12 people as a birthday celbration. we booked for 8pm and we had to wait an incredibly long time for our meal When food did coem it was well cookedtasty and plenty off it. however it took nearly 2 hours for our totak party to get served which was unacceptable. good food spoiled by terrible service.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends