US$121
The Hillside Hotel(Montrose)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$96
US$101
US$98
Hotels.com
The Anchor Hotel, Johnshaven(Montrose)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$68
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
US$102
US$97
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 February 2015 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights and cannot find any faults whatsoever, Graham the owner is a top bloke and a very conscientious person he is very helpful and a down to earth hard working individual, he even offered to take me to my course venue early in the morning which I found far outwith What What he needed to do, just a really good person, the breakfast was exceptional and the room and service great, i cannot speak highly enough of the whole stay at the Carlton Hotel, i have stayed at hundreds of hotels in Aberdeen over the years and my company and myself have paid well over what the Carlton charges and received much less than this place gives as the norm, i will request that i am booked here anytime i am in Montrose and also any of my colleagues, it's just a pity Graham couldn't move his hotel to Aberdeen where he could earn what he deserves and show some of the top hotels how to do it right instead of them ripping customers off because they can, it's such a shame that Aberdeen because of its location can manipulate and profit by the oil companies and genuine people like Graham struggle to survive and give far superior service to his customers. Thanks Graham thoroughly enjoyed my stay with you.
Tony.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Suton81
Reviewed 18 February 2015

we booked a meal at night for 12 people as a birthday celbration. we booked for 8pm and we had to wait an incredibly long time for our meal When food did coem it was well cookedtasty and plenty off it. however it took nearly 2 hours for our totak party to get served which was unacceptable. good food spoiled by terrible service.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 November 2014

I had lunch here to day with my friend, it was lovely, and we did not have to wait that long for it as it is cooked to order, the staff were very pleasant and helpful as well, the decor was fresh and clean, well worth a visit,

Room Tip: We did not stay this time
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank grannyisla
Reviewed 21 September 2014

It's a little 8 room inn right on the main street of Montrose. A bell rings every time someone walks in or out.

Location is prime especially if you don't want to do the tourist thing and ask where the drugstore is - just turn right outside the hotel and there are three right there.

Food isn't bad either but you can get the same fare at the other hotels in the area like the George Hotel around the corner.

Room is sparse - I am talking bare bones - no phone, no table, no refrigerator, no room service ( at least on the weekends).

It's about the location and the quaintness of being in couple-owned 8 room inn.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Me and my partner went for a meal tonight and the service was amazing, also the food was very well presented and tasty. He had the sirloin steak medium cooked with veg. I had the steak pie. Both plates were finished, it was superb. Also being steak night he also got his complimentary drink on arrival. We both had sticky toffee pudding with ice cream which topped it off!

• Stayed: May 2014