1,464 results
All reviews steak spa manager drench shower girls night junior suite roll top bath spa treatments mini bar afternoon tea birthday treat cooked to perfection lovely hotel bar and restaurant lovely room saturday night union street liam
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

We visited our son who works in Aberdeen
We were upgraded to a mini suite
Bath in the bedroom lots of channels on the tv we were able to watch the England match in Scotland
Staff lovely our second visit we will go again

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Morag S, General Manager at Malmaison Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Dear nickwM862LK

Thank you so much for the lovely review and 5 star rating we are so pleased to hear that you had a fabulous stay with us and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

The Malmaison has friendly staff, great rooms and is in a super location on Queens Road. We upgraded to a suite, which was worth it for the large bath - situated near the window of the room - it sounds a little strange but it was pure relaxation. Again, great staff - thank you:)

Room tip: Upgrade to a suite for a wonderful bath.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear 922simon1976

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a wonderful review following your recent stay with us. It sounds like you were perhaps in Room 33 which is a personal favourite of mine , there is something very decadent about those baths in the bedroom !
The team are so pleased to receive your lovely comments and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

A lovely hotel with good staff. Perhaps I might give my age away if I say that the muzak played in reception was a bit loud and also that I don't like my wife and myself being addressed as "Guys". But lovely rooms, good dinner and breakfast. Yes, I would go again

Dear Pinkhill

Thank you so much for the very positive review about the team, food and accommodation following your recent visit to Mal Aberdeen, it is very much appreciated.
I will pass on your feedback regarding the use of "guys" as i agree this is not appropriate whilst dining with your wife.
We do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

I liked the location and the decor of this hotel and the food was fabulous. They bake the scones freshly when you order them which is really nice. The staff were all really pleasant and helpful.

I booked the cheapest room option and it was small, on the top floor and rather claustrophobic as well as being a lot of stairs to climb because there was no lift. I think if I went back I would book a larger room and request a lower floor.

What was disappointing was the room servicing where my tea mug was not washed and the flannel was forgotten one day. Also disappointing was the laundry where my shirts were returned looking like they’d been ironed without steam.

The problems are small ones which could easily be resolved and represent a slight lack of attention to detail. If I’d been staying longer I would have spoken to the staff about the little things and requested a room change to a larger room but as it was I was only staying 2 nights and so just let it be.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Samantha M

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for the very positive comments you have made about the food quality and the team here at Mal Aberdeen which is much appreciated by myself and the team.
I am very sorry that your room was not serviced correctly and I have discussed this with my housekeeping manager to ensure the team address this going forward.

We do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

This is my second visit to Malmaison this year and I’d certainly come back for a third. However our room (I think it was 105) had a faulty sink and shower door and the room in general was very small. We had a lovely nights sleep though and the other aspects of the room were up to standard.
The decor is very stylish and fairly catches the eye, with the bar area being especially interesting with the whisky selection in full view. We had some drinks and the bar staff were very helpful in making suggestions. In fact all of the staff at Malmaison were superb throughout our stay and they are the best feature of the hotel. Nothing was ever too much bother.
Breakfast was first class although the full scottish breakfast was a little on the small side for my greedy ways! My wife had waffles and she said they were some of the best she’d ever eaten.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear whiskyg

Thank you so much for the review and for the very positive comments about the team and breakfast, we are so pleased you enjoyed these.
Room 105 is one of our cosy doubles which are on the smaller side, my personal favourites are the junior suites in the original part of the building but we also have spacious king rooms in the new wing.
When you are next looking to stay, please do not hesitate to contact me for further information on room types.