1,468 results
All reviews steak spa manager drench shower girls night junior suite roll top bath spa treatments mini bar afternoon tea birthday treat cooked to perfection lovely hotel bar and restaurant lovely room saturday night union street liam
Reviewed 22 November 2016

I stayed for one night for business and was impressed by the friendly welcome. I loved the decor with a mixture of modern design and tartan. The public areas and room were really stunning. I did not eat dinner as I arrived late but the breakfast selection was excellent. The Christmas decorations were also very stylish and I would have loved to spend longer at the Hotel.
The only thing I didn't like was the fixed showerhead as I was trying to keep my hair dry!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Benjamin B, General Manager at Malmaison Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2016

Good morning,
thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us.
I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your time with us as we love our hotel and stirev on making every stay as memorable as possible.

Reviewed 18 November 2016

I had lunch, dinner and a breakfast meeting here over two days. The staff are very friendly but like all Malmaisons it is, at least in the restaurant, a bit dark. I found it funny that at dinner a lady at the next table had a torch to read the menu! I had "Blackened Salmon" for a Starter and Fresh Salmon as a Main Course. Both were well cooked and tasty. The vegetables with the Main Course were not as good as I would have suspected but nevertheless enjoyable. There was no rush over the meal and the food was well presented. Although "suitably Malmaison dark" the ambience was good. I would recommend for a visit. The light lunch was a BLT Sandwich and thoroughly enjoyed. All good.,

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Good morning Rennie,
thank you so much for taking the time to review your dining experience with us.
I am delighted to hear you enjoyed both the food and service as well as our menu selection. We always aim to deliver consistently the highest standards of both food and service.

Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

Fantastic......couldn't have asked for better!!
Lunch was great and service prompt and efficient.
Spa treatments were excellent....fantastic value for money and staff were friendly and relaxed.
Thank you for a lovely relaxing experience.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Good morning,
thank you so much for taking the time to review your spa day with us.
I am delighted to hear Liam and the team made your day as memorable as possible and you managed to relax and enjoy every minute of it.

Reviewed 11 November 2016

We made a booking for my birthday online, stating we had a vegan who would be dining. The booking was followed up a few days later with a phone call where the lady assured us that the vegan request had gone through the system and the chef would be informed. All good..so far.

We arrived on the Friday to be presented with the regular menu. The waitress disappeared for ages and then finally when we asked her about the vegan menu, she looked blank and went away to inquire. As we expected, the chef hadn't been informed and in fact nobody had a clue.

The waitress returned saying that the chef could do a 'summer salad'. It's November, we are hungry and they want to feed us a thrown together salad, presumably at inflated prices. We refused this option and the chef then came back with a 'beetroot starter' and risotto (I guess without cheese). It was a fight to get to this point and we'd lost hard and were even hungrier.

We asked to see the manager who was very nice and apologetic, and offered us a couple of drinks on the house. He additionally, to our surprise, said that the chef cannot do anything outside of the set menu, which is surprising as it says clearly they can accommodate all dietary requirements. As this was supposed to be a special night out, we left politely. He took our mobile number and said he would call to have us dine there back another time for free, so they could restore our faith in them. Guess what? A week has gone by and they haven't called.

I should point out we had a similar experience 3 years ago but we had hoped they were better now. I'm sad as this is a very nice restaurant otherwise but I won't waste my time or money there now.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank susanbarrie

Good morning,
thank you so much for taking the time to review your dining experience with us.
I have indeed contacted you personally to discus and clarify the matter around your vegan requirements, and again apologised for the miss communication.
Warmest regards, Benjamin BEL, General Manager

Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

Myself and 3 other friends have booked Malmaison's 'girls night in' package several times over the years, and have found it a lovely way to catch up and relax. We all live locally so none of us need to stay, but it has always been a great experience. Sadly not this time. Our spa times given were wrong, and thankfully only due to the fabulous attentive service from Liam, did we manage to get our treatments. The service in the brasserie was shocking...but when I complained, the manager dealt with this very well. We then moved through to the bar, where 2 friends joined us. I suffered what can only be described as interrogation by the bar man when I ordered drinks after 12, as to who these drinks were for, to be told that only residents were allowed a drink(I am perfectly aware that you are only allowed to order a drink if you are resident at this time). I was then utterly humiliated in front of my friends when the young barman came over later to advise me they had seen one of my non resident friends take a drink, and that they would refuse to serve me(and the 3other residents) anything else as we had 'broken the law'. Whether or not this is actually the case I'm unsure, but Mal need to look at their customer service and staff training, as to how to deal with the public in a pleasant manner. I'm afraid the whole experience wasn't great, but the attitude of the 2 young barman was disgraceful. Unlikely to return.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Benjamin B, General Manager at Malmaison Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2016

Good morning Amanda,
thank you so much for taking the time to send me your feedback.
I am sorry to hear about your disappointment and that we had issues with your spa booking which I believe Liam managed brilliantly.
I have indeed taken on board your comments regarding the customer service as we strive on delivering highest levels at all times. We have licencing laws in place to protect our guests at all times, and always aim to follow these while trying to accommodate everyone.
I truly hope we will be welcoming you again very soon,
Benjamin BEL, GEenral Manager