2,104 results
All reviews city centre leisure facilities an industrial estate swimming pool leisure club steam room short break thistle hotel lovely hotel great facilities good size bus stop great weekend lovely room an upgrade excellent value for money business trip
Reviewed 31 October 2016

Love it. The staff were friendly. facilities excellent. Interior of the hotel was exceptional.
The only downside was the state of the car park and the outside lo0ok of the hotel.
The location was good. The breakfast was tasty.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
KrisManship, General Manager at The Aberdeen Altens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2016

Dear Ifti I,

Thank you for your 5 star review. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at The Aberdeen Altens Hotel and found the facilities to be excellent.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 31 October 2016

Stayed over the weekend and couldn't fault anything. Reception staff were extremely helpful and pleasant. Room was really nice and the bed very comfortable. Short taxi ride to town centre if you don't want to try and park in there. Will definitely being staying here again.

Dear Steve S,

Thank you for sharing this fantastic review! I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and "couldn't fault anything".

I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to The Aberdeen Altens Hotel soon.

Reviewed 29 October 2016

Stayed here for two nights 22 and 23 October for our 'Ruby' wedding anniversary. The exterior of the hotel is a concrete monstrosity...but don't go by first impressions ..as inside what a transformation!! The reception/lounge area is quite impressive and tastefully decorated. Check-in on arrival was straightforward and efficient and Reception staff friendly. Our room was on the first floor and had everything you would need - iron, ironing board, free safe, tea/coffee making facilities with biscuits, flat screen tv, two chairs (unlike some hotels where there is only one), hairdryer, toiletries in bathroom etc.

The room was ample in size, again tastefully furnished with king size comfy bed, lined blackout curtains, and central heating. Good shower in bathroom with lovely thick towels and toiletries, and rubber bath mat can be obtained if required.

The Dining Room is tastefully decorated and service was good with staff again being very efficient and friendly. Breakfast is served in a separate room off the bar and what a choice! Something for everyone including the most fussy of eaters! Good choice of cereals including porridge, fruit, yogurt, hot muffins, choice of fruit juices, back bacon, eggs (fried/scrambled), haggis, black pudding, tattie scones, fried potato, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes, or cold meat/croissants, toast, brown/white rolls and 'Aberdeenie rolls'. Variety of preserves and honey as well as chocolate Nutella and syrup, and as much tea and coffee as you want, plus pastries and cakes!!

Although we did not use the gym facilities we did swim in the pool which was lovely and warm. There is also a small children's pool, a jacuzzi and a sauna and steam room.

We did not use the bar but noticed prices were hefty.

The hotel is not far from Aberdeen city centre. We used the local bus service - bus stop across the road opposite petrol station - about 15 minutes journey. We also got a taxi back on the Sunday evening having missed the last bus (11.04 pm) from outside Union Square / Cineworld - this was approx. £10.

Only gripe would be bar/food prices are expensive and the window in our room did not close - this was not a problem until early Monday morning when traffic noise was rather loud.

All in all The Aberdeen Altens is a lovely hotel with exceptional staff who are all very friendly, helpful and polite! ( a special thank you to the manageress who helped out when I keyed in the wrong code for the safe!!)

We thoroughly enjoyed our mini break with you and would go so far as to say having stayed in many hotels both abroad and in the UK the Altens staff are by far the most professional and friendliest we have met!

Dear meercat54,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at The Aberdeen Altens Hotel and for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback.

I'm delighted to hear you had a "most enjoyable stay" and found the staff to be "exceptional". I will share your kind comments with them and I'm sure they will be very pleased indeed, to hear you consider them to be the most professional and friendlsiest you have met.

Thanks again for the wonderful review, hope we can welcome you back soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 29 October 2016

I was so glad I booked the hotel online- because if I had been driving past I wouldn't have stopped. My heart sank when I saw the outside....it looked like a prison !..I even checked my Sat Nav to ensure it hadn't had a meltdown !
However-once inside it was like Narnia...it had a beautiful reception area. The staff were welcoming and very helpful. The room was a good size, and very clean, with a very comfortable bed and contemporary bathroom. As well as a kettle and tea tray, with shortbread, there was the bonus of a pod coffee maker. The breakfast was a feast with something for everyone. There was the buffet cooked breakfast, various cereals-and cooked porridge. There were different breads and rolls with various preserves, a choice of fruit juices and tea and coffee served by the waiting staff.
The staff at breakfast were very sombre and only conversed if asked a question.
There was a nice restaurant with a varied menu-but-it didn't sell itself as there wasn't a menu board outside the restaurant to tempt customers or promote any Chef Specials. There was a nice relaxing Lounge Bar and a Health Club complete with gym and Swimming Pool-so the hotel was perfect for all travellers looking for a bit of luxury under one roof-and Good Value For Money. Housekeeping were very efficient, helpful and worked hard to ensure all area were cleaned to a high standard.
It was also very central to the city centre and places to visit.
When I checked out the receptionist didn't ask if I'd had a good stay or wish me a safe journey etc. .which would have been appreciated. It was all focused on the bill being paid at checkout. But-I would definitely stay there again.

Dear Paul S,

Thank you for taking the time to share such an amazing review and for rating the hotel 5 stars.

I am so pleased to hear that you had enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us and I will certainly pass on your kind comments to the team.

Kind regards

Reviewed 28 October 2016

Very welcoming staff, excellent breakfast and comfortable room. Good bus service into superb city with fantastic shopping centres, harbour, extensive sandy beach and superb maritime museum.
Superb leisure facilities, gym and swimming pool. Possible walk to coast, small harbour.
Royal Deeside within easy reach.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear pyoung_200598,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review and for the 5 star rating! I'm delighted to hear you had a comfortable stay with us and enjoyed the hotels facilities.