All reviews traditional scottish hotel golden wedding popular with locals city centre a large car park granite building roast beef fudge cooked options trouser press well run hotel comfortable hotel sticky toffee pudding birthday party lovely meal main course excellent hotel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We held our 30 year college reunion here and the staff were so helpful and patient. The buffet was excellent.

A few of us stayed overnight - accommodation is clean, perfectly spacious & relatively modern. Breakfast was great.

The staff generally were very accommodating - an extra couple of friends appeared for breakfast and the staff moved us to a larger table with no fuss at all.

Overall fantastic value for money.

Stayed: November 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 November 2018

I was upgraded from a single to a double room at no extra cost. The room was spacious, warm, and had everything I required. The bathroom was very clean, towels (bath sheet and hand towel) were spotless. There was plenty of choice at breakfast, I didn't eat in the hotel in the evenings, but it must be good as the dining area was very, very busy! All the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: My room was overlooking the exit from the car park, there was no discernible noise even though the car park was very busy.
  • Stayed: November 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

We were 10 in number for accommodation over 2 nights. From arriving until we left the experience was first class. The service was attentive without being overbearing.
We hosted a family lunchtime function where timing was of the essence. 40 of us were served efficiently by well trained staff.
The kitchen produced food of the highest quality.
Overall we were looked after very well.
I have no hesitation in recommending The Atholl Hotel as an oasis in the West End of Aberdeen.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2018

I had booked to stay in another hotel but on arrival we were told the en-suite had only a shower. My wife cannot use a shower so after an eleven hour drive I was a little cross. The duty manager was most helpful and after a phone call gave us the directions to the Atholl, two minutes away.

On arrival the staff were very friendly, helpful and accommodating. The room was spacious with a full en-suite though a bit of a trek from reception. The food was excellent, I recommend the Beef Cheeks so tender you could have ate them with a spoon. The restaurant was well supported by the local population, which is always a good sign.

Situated ten minutes from the center of Aberdeen on a quiet street with plenty of parking. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2018

We stayed here for one night following a function in Aberdeen. The hotel has a large car park, reception was welcoming, the room was very good (albeit a little bit of a hike to reach it - up and down stairs), the food was excellent and the staff are really friendly yet professional.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple