1,165 results
All reviews privilege room blairs restaurant whiskey bar beautiful hotel drawing room course meal buffet style steak steam room main building leisure facilities haggis afternoon tea waiting staff an overnight stay comfy bed lovely room
Reviewed 7 May 2017

I was so impressed by this hotel it was much nicer than I had expected, in particular the drawing room and whiskey bar which are really stunning and quite grand.
The rooms are lovely with fantastically comfy beds and very modern.
Dinner was great too with the staff providing fab service.
We visited the pool and had spa treatments too. The pool, sauna and steam are all of a decent size so you can spend plenty of time in there. Even the gym is pretty well equipped. My only grumbles are that there was a swim class for babies on while I was visiting the pool, which was pretty loud (although they were very cute) not ideal if you're relaxing after your treatment but as this isn't a dedicated spa hotel so I haven't deducted from my score. Another downer was the price of drinks, £9.00 for a glass of house wine was a bit of a shock as I have paid less at more upmarket venues.
Also, it would have been nice if some snacks were available in the spa cafe. They only serve drinks and I didn't fancy venturing into the hotel bar in my robe. Some fruit or chocolate bars and crisps would do, just something to keep you going!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gemma88
MAamir1, Manager at Mercure Aberdeen Ardoe House Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback to us. I am pleased to note you had a pleasant stay with us and the team looked after you well.
I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Ardoe in the near future for another memorable experience.

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel to attend a charity ball and what a night! Excellent function room with well trained staff and great food. The hotel itself is first class with clean and well appointed rooms. A busy wedding hotel making it difficult to get lunch in a Saturday

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

This a fantastic hotel in a beautiful setting, but a few minor faults. My room was nicely decorated and the bed was comfortable. I went for a swim and was impressed with the facilities there. We had dinner in the bar and I was a bit disappointed in the choice as I have a wheat intolerance. Also for what we paid for breakfast the quality wasn't great.

Stayed: May 2017
MAamir1, Manager at Mercure Aberdeen Ardoe House Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2017

Dear Annie,
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Ardoe House Hotel. I am pleased to note that you were impressed with the room and the facilities on site. I am however, terribly sorry to note that you did not enjoy the food on offer. we are currently in the process of reviewing our food offering and will launch our new menus in the near future.
I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the property in the near future for a more enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Sat nav missed it but I found it.
Plenty of parking. Check in ok.
Room was quite a walk but was good sized modern room with 2 large windows.
Comfy bed and pillows. Nice duvet.
I ternet was good. Bathroom clean and modern.
Food was ok. Bit pricey for portion sizes.
Check out fine and emailing receipt.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

This hotel is beautifully situated with gorgeous grounds and decor however it does have its downfalls. We were booked into the spa but arrived late due to family circumstances that could not be avoided the spa were of no help in changing our treatment times or offering us anything else, I spoke to the company that we booked through and told me it was then spas responsibility to refund etc not theirs. The spa told me the opposite. We had room service which was okish. The breakfast wasn't great, it arrived with no milk for our coffees or cereal. No butter and jam for toast. I called reception and they brought the butter and jam up 20 mins later by this time our breakfast was cold and still no milk. So the breakfast was a let down.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write back to us regarding your recent stay with us at Ardoe House Hotel. I am sorry to note that you didn't have an enjoyable stay with us. Regarding the issues encountered in the Spa, whilst i fully understand the delay in getting to the Spa due to family reasons, I am sure you will appreciate that our Spa if fully booked weeks in advance and it is difficult to offer different times. I must also put on record my sincere apologies for the niggles with your room service. we as a team pride ourselves in the service we offer, and rest assured I have disccused your feedback with the rest of my team to ensure we learn our lessons going forward wherever appropriate.

I do hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future to serve you better.