DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre
Aberdeen Marriott Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$120
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Park Inn by Radisson Aberdeen(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$80
HIExpress.com
US$113
Hotels.com
The Craibstone Suites(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$76
  • Breakfast included
Mercure Aberdeen Caledonian Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$66
  • Restaurant
Ibis Aberdeen Centre(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$59
ibis
US$101
Hotwire.com
1,506 results
All reviewsplatinum clubplatinum roomwarm cookiesdouble treeon arrivalsea viewretail parkbeach boulevardcity centrethe main hotelseparate buildingan upgradejunior suitehuge bedsteam roomreception staffbuffet breakfast
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Service - I think Hilton are really getting good at customer service. The last couple of times I stayed here I felt that I was valued as a customer and the staff very friendly and professional. There was a problem when I checked in but it was handled well by the check in staff and manager.

Value - I think the price is fair. I'm sure you could probable get a good weekend deal. The platinum rooms are very nice and spacious. They would make for a good romantic break.

Excellent sleep quality in huge beds with great linen.

Location - not sure on this. Sometimes feel the beach front is a little out of town. Its not far to Union street (centre of Aberdeen) but it takes 15 minute walk. However there are some local restaurants and a large cinema (movies) very close.

Can't speak for the food or breakfast on this occasion.

Room Tip: Platinum or premier rooms are much better than standard.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 March 2012

After initial check in i complained as the room we were allocated was not up to the usual Hilton standard. The room was extremely outdated and tatty looking.

The staff were excellent and moved ud into another room in a different part of the hotel and we went on to have a great weekend:)

• Stayed: March 2012
john_karwl_jackes01, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to your recent visit, it is great to hear the team looked after you. The hotel has so much to offer our clients and we are always looking at training for the team to enhance the guest experience.
Being ideally located to serve both our business and leisure clients makes us the perfect choice while staying in Aberdeen
Regards
John Karwl-Jackes

Reviewed 23 February 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Doubletree for a weekend stay in February 2012. On entering the hotel I was impressed with the reception/bar area which was very clean and fresh looking. On checking in I got a warm cookie which was lovely after arriving late at night after a long drive. Although i didnt get any info on eating times at restaurant, or breakfast times. Room was on second floor, which was nice enough, view was of flats on opposite side of road but that really didnt bother me, and form what I was told newly refurbished. Nice lamps, large flat screen wall mounted tv, plenty hanging storage space. The refurb could have carried on into the bathroom as it clearly needed it. Cracked tiles on floor, horrible bath and shower was working from bath taps. Sink need replacing too. Breakfast was OK, fruit and pancake as full English looked a bit dried out under the hot plate. Location is good, restaurants and cinema 2mins walking distance and main shops few mins drive. peaceful nights sleep had over weekend.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
john_karwl_jackes01, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to report on your visit, the room you was alocated has just been refurbished this is phase one where we are updating the classic bedrooms, phase two is completing the Bathrooms, are location makes us the ideal choice for visiting the beach or for a great shopping experience.
Why not reserve a Platinum Club room and request a sea view. Great to hear your thoughts on the refurbishment so far this shows we are listning to our guest as to what they are looking for while staying with us.

kind regards

John

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Just stayed at the Doubletree by Hilton........make sure you check what room your booked into firstly as we had asked for a nice room as it was our first stay there. Extremely disappointing......the room overlooked the bar and reception area so had a window you could not open. Very dark dingy room carpet was in an awful state and badly needed re-done. Mirrored doors on the cupboard were broken so you were'nt able to close them. As for a queen size bed and 21" Tv........Emmm we think not so the advertisement of the rooms are very misleading. The sink was cracked and the shower....well it was more like one of those that you would stick on your bath taps!!! Offers of a free cookie at reception "oh sorry their finished...end of"!!!! We came back for a drink and were not overly surprised to hear many complaints one in particular of someone already being in the person's room!!! When we checked out there was another couple complaining also........so beware when you go and check all the reviews.......We think we'll just stick to the lovely hotel in Union Terrace!!!

Room Tip: Make sure you do not get one of the rooms overlooking the Reception/Bar area
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bubbly40
john_karwl_jackes01, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Dear Guest

I am so disappointed to hear your stay with us was no up to expectation, the room you was allocated was a Classic Room overlooking the Atrium, this room is very popular with a lot of guests due to the fact they all have two windows a large sky light which can be opened along with a internal. Yet I can understand some people do not like an internal room.
The classic rooms have began a refurbishment program which sees the room type being upgraded, this is a very exciting time for us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Please do visit us again and contact me directly as I would like the opportunity to show you have we have improved.
Kind Regards
John Karwl-Jackes

Reviewed 19 February 2012

Stayed three nights - Saturday 11/2 to Tuesday 14/2. Staff all very pleasant. Restaurant food patchy with some quite poor for any price. My room was advertised as having a sea view. I could see the sea but only by standing at the window and looking oblquely to the north. My normal view was the fun fare. The Platinum Club is no substitute for the executive floor at Hilton hotels. Reception staff particularly in the Platinum Club very professional definitely. the equals of executive lounge staff. I had an issue with a misleading description on the wine list that was capable of being handled in a more customer-centred manner though it was resolved when I queried some omission from my bill for which I should have been charged but originally was not. Woman waiter who dealt with us very helpful.

• Stayed: February 2012