All reviewsunion streetsuperior roomcool hotelcoffee makergreat hotelcooked to ordercooked breakfastmini fridgecentral locationincluded breakfastgreat showerstayed here for one nightbars and restaurantscomfortable bedbreakfast roomporridgebusiness trip
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

This an excellent no-frills business hotel right in the heart of the city. It doesn't have a gym or serve dinner but the rooms are clean. Breakfast is very good. Overall a great choice when travelling on business. There are loads of good restaurants and bars close by.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

First time hear but won't be the last fantastic location spotless,staff amazing, breakfast was really good with s large choice. And bed to die for lol will definitely recommend this place to my friend's and family s true hide gem

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2017

Stayed here for one night in a single room on a business trip. The bed was comfortable and the hotel has lots of cool bauhaus artwork and stylings. If you want a quiet night though, be warned that there are several bars and a nightclub close by, so there was quite a bit of street noise until around 1am. However, if you like to be in the midst of nightlife then it's probably ideal. The staff were super-friendly and helpful - this being my first visit to Aberdeen I didn't know where I was and the receptionists gave excellent advice even looking up the bus times/journeys for me. Some of the furnishings and decor was a wee bit tired, but I really like the bauhaus style.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2017

Years we have been coming here, we have tried other hotels but keep coming back, for the location, unique hotel design, staff and inclusive breakfast, I cannot fault it. Beds are comfy, shower excellent, wifi very good and breakfast with all the fresh fruit options (berries) is a real treat. We will be back again and again when in Aberdeen.

Room Tip: front of hotel noisy, rear quite dark, but either option never spoils out stay.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Liked the look of this hotel on website, very clean and contemporary looking.
Was not disappointed. First time staying in Aberdeen and loved the city, will definitely be returning and will be staying at the Bauhaus Hotel each time!
It was extremely good value for money, paid £75 for double room which included breakfast (which was delicious and had fabulous variety of " real" fresh fruit and not tinned variety. Fresh raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, pineapple, melon - can you tell I was impressed?!
We arrived at the hotel at 1.30 which is well before official check in time so did not expect to get access to the room at that time, however the lovely girls on reception suggested we have a drink and housekeeping wouldn't be much longer. Bar area very welcoming with soft, comfortable seating. Our room was ready in no time. We were on the 5th floor, the windows in our room (503) were quite high but we could still see the cityscape but best views available from 5th floor stairwell. The room was more than adequate with 2 chairs of the same style as the bar area, a small table, large mirrored wardrobe, Smart TV, Nespresso coffee machine, kettle tea etc. En suite had very modern large shower unit. An added bonus during a very warm spell was a portable air-cooler which doubled as a heater - I'm sure it gets plenty use in the winter.
We were only staying 1 night which was not long enough to do the city justice so plan to return in the near future. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for affordable, contemporary, understated luxury. It is also in a great location only 10 min walk from train station yet very close to Union Street and the harbour area as well as a few shopping malls.
I didn't get the names of the girls on reception, one was brunette and from New Zealand and the other girl was blonde, also with a slight accent. Both were welcoming and friendly and gave us a few suggestions for places to go and restaurants for dinner.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends