Hotels.com
Travelocity
StayForLong
Hurb
CheapTickets
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 August 2019

Decided to take a family trip to the Ulster American Folk Park in Omagh. We booked into the Yardmans Airbnb which is only a short distance from the well worth a visit theme park. Our accommodation was set in the grounds of Mullaghmore House, a restored Georgian house where the Actor, Sam Neill (Jurassic Park, The Piano) was born in the original kitchen which dates back to the 14th Century. The sheer charm will make you fall in love with this place. The barn is cleverly converted into two apartments. We stayed in the loft, two bedrooms one with a shower, a small kitchen, separate toilet and a lovely seating area overlooking the yard. The beds were so comfortable we all agreed it was the best night’s sleep we had in a long time. Our host Keith was there to meet and greet us, giving us all the information we needed including local history and folklore. I would highly recommend you check out this little gem. We will definitely be back.

Date of stay: July 2019
1  Thank Corr123
Reviewed 18 October 2018

The odor upon entering the house was mold and mildew. The sheets were clean, but that was the only thing that was clean. When the toast arrived on the table in the morning, we left immediately. This used to be a great B&B, but there is a lot of cleaning that needs to be done to bring it back to the standards advertised.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 8 October 2018

I'm a seasoned traveller and booked Mullaghmore House after finding my usual B&B unable to fit me in. I was met by the owner, Louie Kelly and he led me into the kitchen to book me in. Judged purely as a B&B, it needs quite a bit of work to bring it up to standard, but my review is about the overall experience which you will take away with you, and is the reason why I'm going to rate it higher than the accommodation probably merits. Louie is full of good humour, knowledge and wit - a really lovely guy. Mullaghmore House is full of objects Louie has collected over a lifetime, and they are displayed all round this rather grand Georgian House. I was travelling with several family members who were staying nearby and I ended up having to show them all round after one of my cousins came in to collect me for a meeting. It's that sort of place. Free Wifi was on offer all round the house, there are tea and coffee facilities in the room, and there is a small TV. Bathroom was large and in keeping with the rest of the house - but although definitely 'quirky', I very much enjoyed my stay.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2018

The place is either quaint, quirky, and full of interesting objets d'art, or a ramshackle old antique shop, depending on your view. Similarly, the owner is full of fascinating facts and Irish whimsy, but don't let this fool you.
Three concerns:
1) we weren't expected, despite a confirmed booking.
2) Bed and breakfast didn't include a cooked breakfast, which would have been extra!
3) We were asked to pay our bill (£352 for 4 nights) in cash, with instructions where the nearest cash machine was. A suggestion that we could therefore make it just £340 was rejected point blank. Hmmm....

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank otleyeagle
Reviewed 19 June 2018

This is a lovely b&b with lots of interesting antique items especially in the dining room. It is a warm and very clean house with spacious bedrooms. Louis is a very lovely gentleman and always in good humour. I have stayed there a few times now and hope to go back in the near future.

Date of stay: June 2018