Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
SAVE US$8
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
HurbUS$121
All reviews silver birch course dinner first class staff were excellent from start to finish high standard hen party great night function room an overnight stay fantastic stay sunday lunch northern ireland wedding reception menu liam wilma
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 December 2020 via mobile

Let's get covid out of the way first. All safety measures are in place so it is one of the safest venues in the area.

I had the privilege of having meals Friday, Saturday and Sunday. There is only one word to describe them - superb!

The new chef has breathed new life into this family run business that has the customer at the heart of everything they do.

Starters included pork belly and chicken and ham vol au vent which was with Sunday lunch. The pork belly is particularly tasty for one who is not a great fan of pork belly.

Main courses were sirloin steak, chicken roulade and traditional turkey dinner for Sunday lunch.

Hard to pick a favourite because they were all great but the chicken roulade is a wonderful change whilst the steak just melted in the mouth.

The favourite desert has to be the poached pear with the panacotta a close second.

Services as usual is prompt and friendly.

It is just so sad that hospitality is closing again but hopefully take away will be going again. If it is the ribs are just the ticket!

Credit where it is due - the Birches is now way ahead of many other venues for their food.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 December 2020 via mobile

Just had to get online to say that I have visited ‘The Birches’ this weekend - for afternoon tea and evening meal. I would highly recommend both but the meal we received in Barretta was exceptional - the menu was fantastic and the food was outstanding! I also want to compliment all staff from online booking, reception, bar staff and waiting staff- they are doing such a good job under these trying times - you have truly made my Christmas special - kind regards Del (very safe environment- adhering to all social distancing and safety measures adhered too as well)

1  Thank 934adelee
Reviewed 19 December 2020 via mobile

Go to the hotel every christmas with father in law and despite Covid a really good evening.food was great. Ambience not found wanting..everybody very much adhering to rules. Staff deserve special mention..stay safe.merry Christmas

1  Thank BR389
Reviewed 10 October 2020 via mobile

The hotel itself is very dated.
The food was terrible....
But my biggest complaint is that they had a wedding party staying at the hotel the same night, which you wouldn't think would be a problem as the wedding reception was on the other side of the building but it was awful.
The guest slow filtered back to their rooms very drunk and very loud. TWICE people tried to open our room door.
This went from 1 am in the morning until 5 am. People were also smoking directly outside our door on the 2nd floor landing.
We called reception and someone came and asked them to be quite but this didn't last.
In the morning we complained to the manager and he was just terrible.
He has clearly had to bat off lots of complaints I would imagine.
He initially agreed that what we had experienced was unacceptable but went on to say that he could refund any money as we had pain in advance.
The most he was willing to do was offer a £20 voucher, then he just switched off.
He had an awful manner and I would advise anyone to stay clear of this hotel.
Stay away from this hotel, I would have rather slept in my car

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2020 via mobile

Stayed on Saturday night with my 3 sisters. I would higher recommend. From start to finish we had the most amazing time. The staff are so friendly, they can't do enough for you. The food is top notch absolutely delicious The hotel is outstanding, rooms very clean, beds are comfortable. Tea & coffee facility in room along with complimentary biscuits & bottle water. Free parking & free WiFi. Can not fault this hotel at all everything is to the highest standard.

Date of stay: September 2020