Lowest prices for your stay
US$103
View deal
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
All reviews sunday lunch big tv location is great excellent stay first class top class omagh area menu michael strabane
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 February 2020

Family met for Sunday Lunch
Met more family celebrating a birthday
Everyone enjoyed food and staff
Great for Sunday Lunch for large families
We will be back again the views ideal
Light and airy plenty of space

Date of stay: February 2020
The Mellon Coun... O, Marketing Co-Ordinator at The Mellon Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2020

Dear Lesley,

We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your family celebrations at The Mellon Country Inn! Looking forward to welcoming you all again some day! Kind regards, H

Reviewed 19 January 2020 via mobile

Tip: make a reservation!

We stopped for lunch while passing by. The welcome and service were friendly. The place was full but the wait wasn’t long. The food was delicious. Empty plates all around after. The location is great if driving between Derry and Omagh on the A5, you drive right past it.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
HannahG2568, Marketing Co-Ordinator at The Mellon Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2020

Thank-you for stopping by with us! We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit to the hotel yesterday, and that we were able to meet your needs on your travels! We hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel again soon! Many thanks! H

Reviewed 7 January 2020

Stayed in December 2019 for three nights for a family wedding. It felt as though my husband and I were given the only room that had not been refurbished or maintained. Our first night we did not know any better and just assumed all the rooms were of a poor standard so dealt with it.

However after seeing several other rooms our family was staying in we were absolutely appauled. The newer rooms were light and airy and modern and comfortable. The double room we were given was dull and dingy and terribly dusty. A small double bed with an extremely poor quality coiled mattress that squeaked when you breathe and some very shaby sidetables and wardrobe. No iron, no safe. Stained carpet. The bathroom was bigger than the bedroom with old lino that was lifting, a torn shower curtain and bent pole. Really poor lighting. The worst part was the worsening smell of damp throughout the room which was truly vile and as an asthmatic left me wheezing. On inspection the bathroom still has an old wooden frame well below standard. This was surrounded by damp and flaking paint which was causing the smell. The window was beside some sort of light with only some shabby voile curtains which did not remotely keep light out, which would have been fine but because the bedroom was essentially a badly converted store room and had no windows they made a bad attempt at getting light in by putting a square or frosted transparent bricks right by the bed so the light in the bathroom was visible all night.

We were only glad to be leaving after 3 terrible nights sleep. I reported our issues to reception staff who were not remotely apologetic.

The explanation for the smell was that the hotel had been closed for a few nights over the christmas period. Unacceptable. This suggested that the rooms were not freshened before our arrival but also the level of deterioration and smell would obviously not have been at that extent in only a few days.

When I highlighted the difference in quality of rooms we were told that they don't do double rooms and they were allocated from a list. Why would we be allowed to book a double room if they dont do them? Why did we have a double bed and several other couples also have double rooms? It felt as though they have oversubscribed themselves threw some furniture into an old store room. I was in 3 other guests rooms that all had been refurbished and we were fuming to have been charged the same rate for an extremely inferior room.

For these reasons I feel I can not recommend this place nor will I be inclined to stay again. I completed a survey on departure which I feel qas only given to qwell our anger but one week later we have still had no recourse.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
HannahG2568, Marketing Co-Ordinator at The Mellon Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2020

Dear Ashley,

Thank-you for your recent review. We also appreciate you filling in our customer feedback form provided to guests on departure, which enables us to have time as a management team to consider our guest’s experiences.

While we do have a number of double rooms available in the hotel, as this was a family wedding our Front Of House Team were allocated a rooming list for guests. Therefore the team had no control over which rooms were given to individuals. As a relatively new business, the hotel team are continuing to work to renovate all areas of the hotel, and on this occasion, the room which you were allocated is one of the few remaining rooms which is due to be rebranded under new management. We are pleased to confirm that this room is due to be re-styled later this month in the same design as the remainder of our rooms, and in doing so, our team will take on board your feedback provided to us upon departure.

We do want to assure you however that our House-Keeping Team regularly visit our rooms to ensure a high standard of cleanliness, and that our Front Of House Team are always on hand if guests have any concerns or any requirements, such as needing an iron, throughout the duration of their stay. While our team were unaware of your views during your stay, upon departure we do feel however that our Front Of House did take the time to listen to your feedback, as was evidenced by their willingness to visit the room with you for further explanation and offer further opportunity to provide feedback for the attention of management.

As always, each of our guest’s experiences are important to us, and we hope to be in touch with you shortly to provide further response. We also hope that one day we will be able to welcome you back again to the hotel to enjoy our latest refurbishments.

Kind regards, Hannah

Reviewed 20 November 2019

Wow! I regularly stay in the Omagh area (twice before actually, but I want this to sound meaningful) and this is by far the best place to stay that I have come across!
The location is great, amazing views not only in the mirror but outside also, the staff are so welcoming and helpful, the rooms are a good size, beds are wicked, no Z-beds here, very clean, big tv, what more can you ask for?!
Now the most important thing - food! Usually after a long day working all I want to do is get a takeaway up to my room and sit in my pants watching Jeremy Kyle covered in £10.99 of Ali kebabs finest, but not tonight! I ventured to the onsite bar/restaurant where the food was as amazing as the service. Initially, I was concerned as the place is so well dressed up which usually means high class food and small portions, which would result in me having to venture out to the nearest fast food joint to fill up afterwards (you know the one) but how wrong was I?!!!
I had BBQ chicken wings to start, incredible choice, plenty of meat on them, even for a big lad .... and wait what’s this, blue cheese to dip in... BEST DAY EVER!!
Next up is Chicken and bacon carbonara, again incredible! If you like cheese then fill your boots, if you don’t like cheese then back to your wacky shack. I’m actually feeling full (coming from a guy who would smash 3 variety buckets from KFC) By now I’m well on my way to a 2 hour stint laying down rubbing my belly watching Jaws the revenge on freeview TV, but wait... here comes a creme brûlée for dessert, what?!!!! It was the colour of the beautiful McDonald’s Arches, and coated in powdered sugar, oh... and a cheeky scoop of ice cream. It literally took my 15 minutes until I could eat as I was so busy sobbing with happiness.
Uh oh, here comes the bill.... huh, less than £20 for all that, are you sure treacle?!! I’ve spent more on a bit of chicken from Nando’s (By the way, most overrated place on earth, sorry not sorry).
I’m so happy at this point, belt buckle has been loosened, lost a shirt button, can’t stop crying. There’s an old boy sitting across the room from me, he’s definitely a regular, I haven’t seen him cry once. He is grinning at me, not just because I have some creme brûlée on my chin that he wants, but he realises the journey that I have just been on.
I’m on the way to my room, contemplating where I can really go from here, it’s all getting deep now. Back in my room, usual routine.. wrestle with the bed sheets, clothes off, trip to the BIG boys room, real man now, deploy the brush, attempt a front flip on the bed, miss the bed and hit the wall, get up slowly, struggling to understand why a 16 stone lad can’t flip like he once could, as I get back up I spot something, it couldn’t be, could it? Three complimentary custard creams, gift wrapped just for me! Please somebody take me now, this is it, I have peaked.
Until next time, love Michael

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Michaeljw21
HannahG2568, Marketing Co-Ordinator at The Mellon Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2019

Good morning Michael!
Thank-you for choosing to stay at The Mellon Country Inn, and thank-you for taking the time to leave the most brilliantly entertaining review of the year! Our staff appreciated both the laugh and your kind words!
We're delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience in O'Brien's Bar & Restaurant, and that you had everything you needed to enjoy your stay- including those ever essential, humble custard cream biscuits...
We look forward to the prospect of being able to welcome you again some day! Kind regards, H

Reviewed 18 November 2019

Set in a lovely location this hotel gave me a very comfortable and enjoyable stay. I stayed there for 4 nights whilst working in Strabane. The full Irish breakfast was excellent and set me up for the entire day. The menu in the bar and restaurant was varied and offered good choice and the food was very, very good. I can thoroughly recommend the braised lamb shank and oven baked salmon in particular. All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful and went out of their way to ensure our stay was comfortable. The room was very spacious and well equipped with a very comfortable bed giving a great nights sleep. Would definitely stay there again if there again if the need arises.

Date of stay: November 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Michaelb186274
HannahG2568, Marketing Co-Ordinator at The Mellon Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2019

Good morning Michael,

Thank-you for taking the time to leave us your great review. We will make sure to pass on to our Chefs how much you enjoyed your meals in our O'Brien's Bar & Restaurant! We're also delighted to hear that you found everything as you needed to relax in your room, and that you received a warm welcome from our staffing team!

We really appreciate you choosing The Mellon Country Inn for your stay, and look forward to the prospect of being able to welcome you again some day.

Kind regards, Hannah