Lowest prices for your stay
US$141
View deal
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
All reviews sunday lunch big tv location is great excellent stay first class top class omagh area menu michael strabane
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 November 2019

Wow! I regularly stay in the Omagh area (twice before actually, but I want this to sound meaningful) and this is by far the best place to stay that I have come across!
The location is great, amazing views not only in the mirror but outside also, the staff are so welcoming and helpful, the rooms are a good size, beds are wicked, no Z-beds here, very clean, big tv, what more can you ask for?!
Now the most important thing - food! Usually after a long day working all I want to do is get a takeaway up to my room and sit in my pants watching Jeremy Kyle covered in £10.99 of Ali kebabs finest, but not tonight! I ventured to the onsite bar/restaurant where the food was as amazing as the service. Initially, I was concerned as the place is so well dressed up which usually means high class food and small portions, which would result in me having to venture out to the nearest fast food joint to fill up afterwards (you know the one) but how wrong was I?!!!
I had BBQ chicken wings to start, incredible choice, plenty of meat on them, even for a big lad .... and wait what’s this, blue cheese to dip in... BEST DAY EVER!!
Next up is Chicken and bacon carbonara, again incredible! If you like cheese then fill your boots, if you don’t like cheese then back to your wacky shack. I’m actually feeling full (coming from a guy who would smash 3 variety buckets from KFC) By now I’m well on my way to a 2 hour stint laying down rubbing my belly watching Jaws the revenge on freeview TV, but wait... here comes a creme brûlée for dessert, what?!!!! It was the colour of the beautiful McDonald’s Arches, and coated in powdered sugar, oh... and a cheeky scoop of ice cream. It literally took my 15 minutes until I could eat as I was so busy sobbing with happiness.
Uh oh, here comes the bill.... huh, less than £20 for all that, are you sure treacle?!! I’ve spent more on a bit of chicken from Nando’s (By the way, most overrated place on earth, sorry not sorry).
I’m so happy at this point, belt buckle has been loosened, lost a shirt button, can’t stop crying. There’s an old boy sitting across the room from me, he’s definitely a regular, I haven’t seen him cry once. He is grinning at me, not just because I have some creme brûlée on my chin that he wants, but he realises the journey that I have just been on.
I’m on the way to my room, contemplating where I can really go from here, it’s all getting deep now. Back in my room, usual routine.. wrestle with the bed sheets, clothes off, trip to the BIG boys room, real man now, deploy the brush, attempt a front flip on the bed, miss the bed and hit the wall, get up slowly, struggling to understand why a 16 stone lad can’t flip like he once could, as I get back up I spot something, it couldn’t be, could it? Three complimentary custard creams, gift wrapped just for me! Please somebody take me now, this is it, I have peaked.
Until next time, love Michael

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Michaeljw21
HannahG2568, Marketing Co-Ordinator at The Mellon Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2019

Good morning Michael!
Thank-you for choosing to stay at The Mellon Country Inn, and thank-you for taking the time to leave the most brilliantly entertaining review of the year! Our staff appreciated both the laugh and your kind words!
We're delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience in O'Brien's Bar & Restaurant, and that you had everything you needed to enjoy your stay- including those ever essential, humble custard cream biscuits...
We look forward to the prospect of being able to welcome you again some day! Kind regards, H

Reviewed 18 November 2019

Set in a lovely location this hotel gave me a very comfortable and enjoyable stay. I stayed there for 4 nights whilst working in Strabane. The full Irish breakfast was excellent and set me up for the entire day. The menu in the bar and restaurant was varied and offered good choice and the food was very, very good. I can thoroughly recommend the braised lamb shank and oven baked salmon in particular. All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful and went out of their way to ensure our stay was comfortable. The room was very spacious and well equipped with a very comfortable bed giving a great nights sleep. Would definitely stay there again if there again if the need arises.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Michaelb186274
HannahG2568, Marketing Co-Ordinator at The Mellon Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2019

Good morning Michael,

Thank-you for taking the time to leave us your great review. We will make sure to pass on to our Chefs how much you enjoyed your meals in our O'Brien's Bar & Restaurant! We're also delighted to hear that you found everything as you needed to relax in your room, and that you received a warm welcome from our staffing team!

We really appreciate you choosing The Mellon Country Inn for your stay, and look forward to the prospect of being able to welcome you again some day.

Kind regards, Hannah

Reviewed 10 November 2019 via mobile

We had a family birthday meal. Everyone in our large party was delighted with their food and service. Beautiful dining room and the staff were fantastic as well. Great value for money. I highly recommend the Mellon Country Inn and hope to return soon.

Trip type: Travelled with family
HannahG2568, Marketing Co-Ordinator at The Mellon Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2019

Thank-you for your wonderful review Peter. We really appreciate you choosing to celebrate your special family occasion at The Mellon Country Inn and are delighted to hear that you had a great experience with us. We very much look forward to welcoming you back again. Many thanks, Hannah

Reviewed 27 October 2019 via mobile

Great value. Comfortable spacious rooms. Delicious food would highly recommend. Very helpful and friendly ladies on reception. Staff in restaurant very helpful and courteous. Will definitely be paying this place another visit.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HannahG2568, Marketing Co-Ordinator at The Mellon Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2019

Good morning Global209679!

Thank-you for choosing The Mellon Country Inn for your stay! We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed our O'Brien's Bar & Restaurant, and that your room enabled you to enjoy a restful stay. And on behalf of our staff, thank-you for your compliments! We look forward to being able to welcome you back again soon. Hannah

Reviewed 20 October 2019 via mobile

We had booked a room for a family party and we had a great night. The menu had plenty of choices so everyone was happy . Food was top class and staff so friendly and helpful. We also had a wee area of seats for kids so they where kept busy. The set meal price was fantastic and overall we had a fantastic night. Thanks to the hotel.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Terrycharleton
HannahG2568, Marketing Co-Ordinator at The Mellon Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2019

Good morning Terry! Thank-you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience with us at the hotel! We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your celebrations; and we very much hope that we will be able to look forward to welcoming you again :) Many thanks! H