5 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$195
Hotels.comUS$197
Trip.comUS$196
1,488 results
All reviews valet parking beautiful hotel afternoon tea first class within the walls walled city boutique hotel lovely touch every member of staff top class from start to finish would highly recommend this hotel staff were so friendly couldn't do enough walking tour food was amazing great night
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 January 2022 via mobile

A friend told me about this great place to stay right within the walls of Derry City. We had my daughter and her Australian husband visiting for Christmas and decided to take a short trip to show him the city of Derry.
The hotel is very central to everything we wanted to see. We were within minutes of the walls, museums and shops.
The rooms were very comfortable and tastefully decorated. We had gowns and slippers, tea/coffee facilities and a good size tv. The beds were extremely comfortable. The bathrooms were roomy and the shower facilities top quality.
Both dinner and breakfast in the hotel were excellent.
The staff were so friendly and helpful and one service I would recommend is the valet parking they offer for £15. Well worth it.
All in all a great short trip and we will definitely return to this hotel.

Room tip: I would recommend the valet parking service.
Trip type: Travelled with family
JP McCafferty, General Manager at Bishop's Gate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2022

Dear Ruth-Rowan,

Thank you for your kind review.

It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your recent stay and and visit to the City.

Thank you for mentioning the quality of our accommodation, food and our staff, we are very proud of each of them, they work extremely hard to provide the best experience for our guests and it means a great deal that you could see that first hand.

We look forward to welcoming you & your family back again soon,

Reviewed 18 January 2022 via mobile

Just back from a lovely stay at Bishops Gate hotel. From the moment we arrived we encountered a first-class personal service. The staff especially Stephanie at reception could not have been more helpful. The food was excellent. We will definitely be back.

Dear 735deirdrer,

Thank you for your kind review, It was wonderful to welcome you to Bishop's Gate Hotel.

I will be sure to pass on your comments to Stephanie & the entire team, they will be delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 14 January 2022 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights in the gorgeous room 405. The room was fab, the food amazing and the staff so so lovely and extremely accommodating. We ate both nights in the hotel- once in the bar and once in the restaurant and both were to an exceptional standard at a reasonable price.
We will most definitely return.

Trip type: Travelled with family

EmerMcC

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay, overlooking Bishop Street and it's wonderful 4 poster bed Room 405 is one of my favourites and is often requested by our guests.

I will be sure to pass on your comments to our entire team, they will be delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 12 January 2022 via mobile

My wife and I are booked in for an overnight here in February so decided to call in and check it out. We had lunch and a look around when we were there. The whole place was squeaky clean, which is a great place to start.
Firstly can I say how warm and professional the staff we encountered were, I have only the highest praise for them. Thank you.
Secondly the lunch menu covered all the options one could possibly wish for.
We ordered the Smoked Salmon and Prawn bagel, which was an abundant portion, and Greencastle fish tacos, again they were more than ample portion. We wanted minor changes to the menu which was granted and fulfilled with a smile. The Guinness was as good as you’ll get as was the Pinot Grigio.
I can’t remember the cost but as a good friend once told me “the quality will be remembered long after the price is forgotten”. That is so true.
Thank you to everyone involved and we will be very happy to come back again.

Dear BigJohnDeere,

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a wonderful review.

I am delighted that you had a great experience for lunch recently, thank you for pointing out all the finer details the team work so hard on making sure are perfect for our guests.

I will be sure to pass on your comments to everyone.

We look forward to welcoming you back in February.

Reviewed 11 January 2022 via mobile

We stayed in this fabulous hotel last weekend and from start to finish it was simply superb.....the staff were so professional, friendly and attentive at all times.....on the Saturday we enjoyed a delicious 3 course meal topped off with a few cocktails and breakfast the next morning was once again excellent.......we most certainly will go back to this classy hotel for a few staycation weekends this year.......if going to Derry book it u will not be disappointed.......

Dear anntV1135PA,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your evening meal & breakfast in the Gown Restaurant along with some of our fabulous cocktails.
I will be sure to pass on your comments to our entire team.