“Top class food!”

Saffron
Ranked #26 of 208 Restaurants in Derry
Cuisines: Indian, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: At Saffron we serve authentic Indian food, with a small European Selection available. We have been in the business for over 3 decades and are coeliac friendly and also offer a large Vegetarian selection. We are family friendly and offer a wide range of Mullins ice cream and homemade desserts. We have Live Music at the weekends and are well known for our Cocktails.
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

The food was out of this world so fresh and so much flavour! The only disappointment I would say for us was the service there was a few guys that were great then a few other members of staff that were a disappointment. Other than this we hope to return and hope we have an even better experience again you need to try this Indian food it is by far the best in Derry without a doubt!

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Been to this place after tiresome drive along Atlantic... just got the right Indian taste though miles away. Great food and friendly staff.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

We particularly sought out an Indian restaurant in Derry-Londonderry and this one was highly recommended by locals. We ordered only two main courses - and we were delighted with both of them. The staff were friendly and efficient. The restaurant was very busy and it was obvious that they had a clientele who returned time and again. We would definitely go again.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

We had a very good Saturday night meal at Saffron. It's modern Indian cuisine and the space has a nice design and is very welcoming. It's located in a pretty central area of Derry and it's one of the bigger, non-pub restaurants that is open late.

They had a nice variety of sauces for the flatbread appetizers - the sweet and spicy sauce was my favorite. For my main dish I had the Chicken Patia and it was a perfect balance of sweet and creamy. Paired with garlic naan, it was a very generous portion of food. Overall, great meal and atmosphere.

1  Thank srkhart
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Had a takeaway from here tonight. We've eaten in and had takeaways from here many times so we were really looking forward to it. It was a disappointment. I had the aloo jeera (Bombay potato to you an me). On previous visits it has been a beautifully bright flavour with a rich colour but tonight it was a pale flavourless mush. Having waited 30mins for it we assumed it was being made from fresh but you wouldn't have known that from the look or taste. Likewise the onion bhaji lacked any sort of spice hit, all I could taste was oil and they were so over cooked that they had gone completely dry inside. If we didn't live 15miles away I'd have returned the entire thing because at almost £12 (for aloo jeera, onion bhaji and plain nan) it was an expensive meal to bin.

5  Thank mariaB76
SukiNagra, Owner at Saffron, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Dear Reviewer,

thank you for taking time out to write your review. As you had mentioned, our curries are cooked from scratch, which is why there is generally a short waiting period. I can only say that if you had contacted the restaurant to let us know you were unhappy, we could have dealt with the matter personally. I can only apologise for this unfortunate experience, however, I do hope it will not deter you from returning.