1,384 results
All reviews tower hotel lyric bar inside the city walls car park within the walls hotel bar hen party central location derry walls reception staff tour group the heart of the city lovely hotel would highly recommend this hotel food was lovely porridge peace bridge
Reviewed 23 December 2014 via mobile

The location next to the city walls is fantastic, along with the car park, which makes it a useful launch pad for local touring. The room was fine with a great view towards the river. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was more than ample. My feedback on my experience was sought by the staff and the one point of issue was received positively and acted upon. I would recommend the hotel to colleagues. It also helps that Derry is an amazing city to visit - culture and history in so many layers.

Date of stay: November 2014
Trip type: Travelled on business
MaldronHotelDerry, Guest Relations Manager at Maldron Hotel Derry, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2014

Dear Kevin C,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor we welcome all feedback. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us in particular the great location as we pride ourselves on being the only hotel in Derry situated within the historic city walls. May i take this opportunity to wish you a very happy new year from everyone at the Maldon Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to the city.

Kind Regards,
Rachael Burns

Reviewed 20 December 2014

Cant speak highly enough of my visit to Derry and the recently renamed Maldron Hotel (formerly the Tower). My room 404 had a great view of the city and the peace bridge. Every member of staff we encountered were so welcoming and couldn't do enough for us. This was our first visit to this hotel and it definitely wont be our last. We're already planning our next visit. Well done to all at the Maldron :)

Room tip: 4th floor rooms have great views of the city
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello Johnd,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will pass on your kind words to all the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Maldron Hotel on your next visit to the city.

Reviewed 20 December 2014

I cant fault this hotel. Brilliant Hotel, Brilliant location and the thing that really makes it are the Brilliant staff. Can not wait to go back again in the New Year. Keep up the good work guys you are a credit to Derry.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
MaldronHotelDerry, Guest Relations Manager at Maldron Hotel Derry, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2014

Hello Georgep,
Thank you for your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I will pass on your kind words to the staff and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the new year.
Kind Regards,
Rachael Burns

Reviewed 19 December 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here on the 9th of December for 2nites as our son with special needs was in respite we had a lovely relaxing break food in restaurant was delish and Nellie the waitress at breakfast was very helpful marguerite on reception was very pleasant and helpful to we will back in the new year as hotel is very central to everything

Dear mrsmarieb,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review on TripAdvisor. I am so pleased that you and you family had such an enjoyable and relaxing stay with us and I will pass your kind words onto Nellie and Marguerite as I am sure they will be delighted that their good service contributed to your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the new year and may I take this opportunity to wish you a very merry Christmas and peaceful new year.
Kindest Regards,
Rachael Burns.

Reviewed 19 December 2014

Just back from a overnight stay. I all I can say, that this is the friendliest hotel I have stayed in for a while. Special mention must go to Rachel in the bar, she was excellent, Didn't eat in the hotel, but there appeared to be a great selection on offer and reasonably priced. Wasn't bothered by noise and had a goods nights sleep. Room wasn't massive but it was adequate, it was clean and well presented. I was in 304, my view was looking out over to the Guildhall and the River Foyle.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear IngridT72,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel as we welcome all feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you very much for your kind words, it was a pleasure to serve you in the bar. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to the city and may I take this opportunity to wish you a very merry Christmas and a peaceful New Year.
Kindest Regards,