3 people are viewing this hotel
Expedia.comUS$176
eDreamsUS$177
ZenHotels.comUS$195
2,537 results
All reviews peace bridge car park overlooking the river guild hall superior room steam room leisure facilities central location lovely hotel course meal saturday night weekend break both nights first class from start to finish foyle city
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 September 2020 via mobile

We stayed for 1 night during a trip to Derry. The room was adequate and clean with everything you could need. The weather was unseasonably warm but the room was still a lovely temperature. The hotel is less right by the peace bridge, less than 5 mins from the city centre and less than 10 mins from the Bogside if you are interested in a tour. All staff we came across were lovely and there is bar in the hotel which you can drink in without food which is great touch in the given climate

1  Thank cb1195
Reviewed 13 September 2020 via mobile

This hotel is truly a gem located in a remote area. I experienced excellent service and the food was always 5 star from the restaurant or room service. Rooms are large, clean and staff were extremely helpful and friendly . Amazing and the hotel was quiet during my stay. Thanks Mr. Manna and abdul in the restaurant Mr. Saiful islam in bar

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 September 2020 via mobile

Wife and I stayed here for 2 days. Booked the 2 night B&B package and one evening meal. Package came apparently with a walking tour. I wasn’t particularly interested in the tour however staff never discussed it with me anyway. The hotel is central and well located. The room was average, comfortable and warm. The view from the window was nice to be fair. None of the rooms, we were told have safes. Some have fridges so we moved room to have one.
The bathroom was old and dated and had the added benefit of long black hairs on the walls on arrival. Obviously hadn’t been cleaned properly. The bathrooms are reasonably well stocked with the usual stuff. The bedroom is quite big however the tv in the room you’ll need to sit right beside or squint. Tvs these days are cheap. To put a tv that’s under 20” in the room is crazy.

Went for our included meal on the second night. 40 minutes from walking in we were still waiting for our starters. Table beside us got the same starter after being there only 10 minutes. When quizzing the waitress she tells us at the 25 minute point that bruschetta takes 10 minutes to cook. (Nonsense!) Another told us the truth shortly after, that they had forgotten the order. Folks really, don’t lie, people will understand. When you lie it makes it all the worse.
Wife ordered steak which was advertised as ‘served with jus’. It actually came with pepper sauce. Waitress tried to imply that the pepper sauce was the jus. Eventually she offers to bring jus. And out it came.
Food was basic, I ordered haddock. The fish was bland however haddock can be. The batter certainly was not beer batter as advertised. It was thin and soggy. Not full of air and crispy as you would expect. Chips were average. Would add we were not offered water, tea or coffee. The staff appeared young and inexperienced. At the time we arrived for our meal there were 3 tables to serve. Took one hour 35 minutes from start to finish and was asked 5 times was everything okay. When the older waitress was told ‘well no!’ , she seemed uninterested and walked off anyway.
It has been years since we’ve stayed here and it’ll probably be years before we go back if at all.
Pool was clean and 45 minutes slots pre-booked meant I got the pool to myself.
The car parking at the hotel is an absolute nightmare. The spaces are tight and few. When the the car park fills that’s it, the barrier shutters come down and you will be charged locally to park. There is no way to reserve a space. Staff informed me that the general public use the spa facilities and can park here. Seems incredible that a resident can be denied a space for someone having a swim for 45 minutes. The car park is in no way big enough to accommodate the entire hotel residency. Folks look after the small stuff and listen to your customers when they tell you the service is not up to scratch. Oh and don’t LIE about what’s happening in the kitchen! Really not impressed! Made my issues clear to the manager Gary on leaving. Gary was polite, apologetic and told me that he would speak to his staff. Really didn’t help me with a ruined meal.
In summary the hotel is starting to look dated, most of the staff are helpful and polite but you will wait a ridiculously long time for your meal in an empty restaurant.

2  Thank rh2473
Reviewed 6 September 2020 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for five nights. I simply cannot fault the place at all. The staff are so friendly and accommodating and full of conversation. The drink is cheap and the table service is unbelievably relaxing. The location of the hotel is simply perfect. The food at the hotel is delicious. The bedrooms are lovely and comfy and clean. I would highly reccomend this hotel to anyone considering a night away. From the minute you arrive to the minute you leave, the staff are so accomodating. Again, simply cannot fault the place and I was so impressed.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank itsjoycereilly
Reviewed 2 September 2020

I booked 2 nights for me and my partner for his 50th birthday, we both had a amazing time, staff couldn't do enough, so helpful and friendly, breakfast had everything to suit everyone,dinner was beautiful,drink was cheap for a hotel and with the covid they served you as quick as they could,I can't believe people complaining on the reviews, don't no what they are looking, think people like that should just stay at home, it my 1st time in Derry, I loved it that much I have booked 4 nights in October for my 50th, can't wait to get back, so I definitely recommend this hotel, I give it 5 star without a doubt,plus carpark was full bit carpark across cost us 2 pound Saturday till monday

Date of stay: August 2020